Chapter Thirty-Nine (39)

Tylers p.o.v

"Damn" he chuckled, "You look like shit" he sniffled, wiping his nose with his sleeve.

We have been in this room, for about ten minutes in silence, Ben on the other side of the bed.

"Why arent you mad at me?" I asked in shame.

I watched as he looked at me, squinting an eye, something he did when he was in deep thought, "Well one, Owens mom told me" he smirked, wiggling his brows at me. And oddly enough I blushed, "So its true? Eh? You love him?" he teased,

"Yup," I answered, popping the 'p' rubbing Owens cheek with my thumb, "I do" I whispered,

"Then why?" he asked, sitting in a chair, I kept quite not knowing what to say, "Why did you do it?" he raised a brown, running a hand through his hair, sighing as he looked at Owen.

And truthfully, I didnt even have to think of an answer, "Because I was stupid, selfish, self-centered, and really, really, really stupid" I whispered, bowing my head in shame.

"Yeah... You kind of are" he huffed,

"Then why arent you mad at me?" I asked grumpily, suddenly getting mad as I watched him trace pictures on to the cast on Owens hand.

"Uh, I dont know. Because I care about him, and he would want us to forgive you, All you've always disrespected him, and he deserves better. Like way better! You want to know some of the things hes been through since you left him?" he says adding emphasis ont he word 'some'

My head went down, same as my hand from his face, "I said I was sorry," I choked between tears.

Nobody ever told me what they did, I saw some of it. Him getting punched, and kicked. Him getting dragged into the washrooms. Him walking out of the washroom crying, holding his arm.

I dont think I could handle hearing what they've done after all of this.

"Well somethings cant get fixed with a 'sorry'" he glared at me, using air quotations over the word, sorry.

I glared right back, "Then why didnt you take him away from me? And made him better!" I snapped, chair scrapping against the ground as it went back, Owen whimpered, still sleeping.

He looked shocked that I said that, but he knew it was true, he had a long time. If he wanted to make things better, he could of made Owen his, and punished me for my stupid doings. He could of took his heart and made it his, so what the hell is he talking about?

"You... Wait, I dont like him, I love him," he paused, and I froze, you've got to be kidding me, I felt like fainting, "Like a brother" he quickly added, "Nothing more, nothing less."

I sighed in relief, thumping down in the chair, I looked up at him, "I feel like hell, I know what I did to him... Not everything, but the doctors told me about the self-inflicted cuts on his arms," I muttered, looking at the sleeping Owen, who tried to shift positions, but he could due to the many casts, and probably the pain.

"Jared started to sexually harass him, Tyler" He deadpanned,

My eyes shot up to his. Not once leaving or twitching, he... He... He touched my Owen, what if it was him who raped Owen, and not Sean. What if the cops are chasing after the wrong people, are the cops even looking, what if Jared is the one that needs to be behind bars but they put Sean there instead--even though they both belong in prison, but still. What if Jared comes back, and tried to hurt Owen again.

"Why... Why didnt you tell me?" I was hurt, I was the only one that could touch Owen. I was the first, and I should be the last; now Owen will probably never open up. Owens the only one who knows, and what if he covers up for them because they treated him.