Chapter Four

"So...what happened last night with you?" James asked after giving me all the details of how his night went down. I thought I was going to be sick when he told me in explicit detail how he did them. I nearly drop the plate I was holding.

"Umm...what do you mean?"

James rolled his eyes, "you've had this funny look on your face ever since you checked in this morning. So did you like...hook up with a girl or something?"

I smile to myself, "I dont remeber... I must have been totally hammered."

Jason whistled and patted my back, "that ah boy."

I don't remember last night much...just bits and pieces... god it must have been great.

I walked stiffly away still sore, leaving James reeling with his dirty thoughts.

Being bus boys wasn't the most desirable job but it payed the bills...

My apartment was dirt cheap and consisted of the little bit of clothes that I had taken with me on my run. I had cutt all ties with my past and escaped from my abusive home. But that was three months ago...

I heard it clear as day. The bell chimed as new customers stepped into the busy restaurant, that was normal, it was the next few words that brought my world crumbling down around me.

"Have you seen this boy?"

I whip my head around to see two police officers in the door way speaking with Shelby, a waitress.

She scanned her eyes over the piece of paper they were holding, then nodded. It was a picture of Jason Peterson, a new employee that just started worked here. In bold letters it read, Wanted for questioning, if found or seen, call one eight hundred...

She looked up into the officer eyes. "Has he done something wrong?"

He shook his head, "no ma'am, he's been missing for three months and he may have been a witness to a serious crime."

What crime? It felt like it had been forever since I left home. I wasn't going to stick around to hear the rest of the conversation. I looked over at the stub looking James and to my surprise he nodded as if he understood the situation. he pointed to the kitchen doors and picked up his bin full of dishes. Walking over to the polices direction he pretended to slip and spill all the glass dishes. The police crouched down to helped pick them up and I took the chance to escape.

Thankfully the police hadn't seen me duck into the kitchen. I had to get out of here.

"Jason? Where are you going?" asked James as he walked through the double kitchen doors carrying a bin full of broken glass. I headed back toward the locker room in a hurry.

"No time to explain, I have to leave."

He gave a puzzled face and kept spouting questions as I changed in a rush.

"Not now!" I yelled as I headed for the back exit.

I stopped for a secound and turned around, "James?"

He nodded and looked at me as if he alrighty knew he was never going to see me again.

"Thanks for being my friend."

***

Where was I to go know? Was my apartment still safe?

I remembered the place I woke up in. The bed was empty, but there was a note.

It had read 'don't leave' R.

The problem is...I don't remember who R is. Last night was so hazy that I could hardly recall anything. It was limited to a man, and the fact that we had incredible sex.