Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

I ran as fast as I can, pumping my legs harder as I hear the array of bullets around me. I dodge a few pine trees that get in my way, I quickly take a peek over my shoulder.

"Shit," It's four of them constantly shooting at me. Despite, the darkness around me I can still make out their figures. I'll never get away. I have to think of something. I began to run in a zig zag so they won't have a good aim at me, but clearly that didn't help because suddenly I felt an exploding pain in my leg.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." I gritted my teeth. It momentarily stunned me enough that I slowed down. I hissed in pain as I glanced down at my leg, watching blood soak my blue jeans. Taking a deep breath, I kept pushing as realized they're advancing up behind me.

Coming up in my line of site I saw the same large building from earlier. I made a bee line for it and dived inside of it without thinking. I pressed my back against the wall and stood still as possible as I hear the thudding of their feet on the forest floor. I let a sigh of relief as the sounds slowly fade. My car was close by so I can get out of here as soon as possible.

I grimaced and glanced down at my leg, watching the blood gush out my leg. I quickly tore a piece of fabric from my wife beater and wrap it around my upper thigh, securing it in a tight knot. I needed to stop the blood fast. I got shot a few minutes ago and I already losing a lot of blood. My vision was getting hazy. I ripped off another part of my shirt, to wrap a knot around the leaking knife wound on my forearm.

I shook my head to keep myself from closing my eyes. I clenched my teeth as I slowly stood up. The pain is a bitch, especially when I tried to apply pressure to walk.

I took a deep breath and limped to my car parked behind the vacant building. I made it there pretty quick for a guy who just got shot, but then again it's not over. I had to get out of here quick. I'm basically useless without my full strength and weapons. I fished my keys out my pocket. I almost groaned when I dropped it on the grassy floor. I froze when I heard the low murmer of voices coming from my left.

I quickly grabbed my keys and unlocked my car. I shoved my key into the ignition and sped out of there ignoring the pain all over my body as I do so. This was not the time submerge to my pain, unless I wanted to die. The loud crashing of glass penetrated my ears and I ducked slightly from any of the incoming bullets, tearing through the back window of my car.

"Fuck," I groaned as a bullet scraped past the side of my bicep. I looked down as blood trailed down my arm. Just great this is exactly what I needed.

I pressed on the gas and glanced out my rear view mirror as the group of men slowly fade from my line of vision. "Damn those was some vicious motherfuckers," I muttered to myself as I wiped the sweat from my brow.

I didn't expect for that meeting to take a turn like that. One minute we was discussing what weapons we was going to trade. Next thing I know they're using their weapons on me. I'm not worried about them though, because I'm going to kill every single one of them.

I actually trusted them because I've been trading with Malakavi Gang for a few years now. I'm curious as to why they would suddenly turn on me like that. I would never know either because I plan on slaughtering them the first chance I get. Shit as soon as I get to my spot. I'm sending my men out there before they can run far. I'm pissed at myself for not having my usual stash of weapons on me. The first time I don't do it this happens. I don't know how I managed to escape a gang of twelve but I did.

Note to self keep more than one weapon on you, because you'll eventually run out of bullets if you have a gun. This the first time, I've been beaten, stabbed and shot all at once. I'm surprised I'm still alive.

Soon as I see the familiar place of my residence, I felt myself become more weaker. I pulled up, not even caring that I'm sideways in the parking lot. I hurriedly make my way out my car, I was hanging on by a thread. My blood was leaving a light trail behind me which obviously isn't good. I'll be damned if I die because of them, I'm going to make it to the door. I can't exactly say I won't succumb to darkness once I'm in one of the rooms in my infirmary though.

I barely made it to the building before I felt like I was going to pass out. I limped to the front door that's when my vision got really blurry, I trudged up the stairs. Where is the infirmary at again?

I couldn't remember exactly...I tried to focus, but my vision started getting hazy. I couldn't pinpoint where I was going. I saw a lot of glistening white lights, which is making it more difficult to find the infirmary.

"Oh my god! Boss? Are you okay?? Darren go get some help he's loosing a lot of blood." I heard from somewhere around me and a pair of hands pushed me forward. My head began to droop to the side. My eyes involuntary fluttered shut.

"You're good boss, we're almost there, stay awake for me..."

I attempted to force my eyes open but I couldn't. I was just so tired. I wanted to rest my eyes for a bit.

"Boss, come on open your eyes, please...."

That's the last thing I heard before my world goes black.