Chapter 28

Chapter Twenty- Eight

Bryce P.O.V

I sat there silently in the tightly enclosed darkened room, tears streaming down my blood and dirt covered face. My throat was so dry and scratchy I could barely speak. It's been days since I had anything to drink or eat.

On queue, my stomach growled very loudly and I winced at the noise. I felt so weak and helpless. I had no energy, there is no way I'd survive like this. I would do anything for food even something simple like a slice of bread and a glass of water. My mouth watered at just the thought of it.

On top of that, it doesn't help that I've been bleeding out here and there because of the injuries I have. The pain he inflicted on me..

Luckily, they were not life threatening but I still endured some much pain when it happened. For example, the deep bites from the stray dogs, the multiple burns from the fire, the bruises from the punches and slaps. The lists goes on and on, I've dealt with so much hell. How I lasted this long is beyond me.

All I wanted in that moment was for Caine to come and rescue me. It's a silly thought isn't it? I'm praying that my tormentor will actually come and save me? I knew being held captive by him would eventually mess with my head. But I have no one else.

"Please...help me..." I cried weakly to the empty space around me. My raspy voice sounded so hollow to my ears, I could barely recognize it. No one will help me. No one will save me. I'm going to die here.

"Please..God..Help me..." I begged brokenly, my bottom lip quivered with each word.

My eyes welled with tears and I shakily wrapped my arms around my knees. The chains around my wrists created a loud rattling noise as I moved. I rocked back and forth for hours just begging God or anyone to help me.

But no one never did.

All too soon I heard the familiar sound of keys outside of my door. I began to hyperventilate...Please don't let that be who I think it is. The door creaked open slowly and dim yellow light shun through the open space.

A bead of sweat ran down the side of my temple. My heart was racing in fear. I was so terrified of him. I wanted one day free of him. Just one day without any harm. Is that too much to ask?

My eyes went wide as saucers once I caught a glimpse of him standing in front of me. I slowly tilted my head up to meet his eyes and I wish I didn't. His soulless pitch black eyes gazed at me with sick amusement. As if my current state was a joke.

"Do you want to play a game with me?"

My heart stopped.

He raised an unimpressed brow at my frozen figure and shrugged carelessly, "You asked for it,"

He revealed the hidden butcher knife from behind his back. A dark expression overcame his features as he took in the absolute terror in my eyes. He pointed his knife forward and charged straight at me.

I screamed.

I jerked awake gasping for air, my chest was moving up and down rapidly. I tried to inhale all the oxygen I could get into my lungs. I glanced down and realized my body was completely drenched in sweat and my thin tank top clung to my body like a second skin.

I covered my face with hands and squeezed my eyes shut. My body trembled slightly as the vivid nightmare replayed over and over in my mind. I swallowed the heavy lump in my throat.

"Calm down Bryce, it was just a nightmare. Breathe," I murmured to myself repeatedly. I ran a shaky hand through my wet blonde locks.

"That felt so fucking real," I whispered to myself and I was so happy no one was not around to witness how crazy and damaged I truly am. After everything I've been through I knew it was going to take a toll on me eventually and it did. I feel like I'm damaged beyond repair. I will never be able to go back to the girl I used to be before Caine came into my life.

I shook my head at those thoughts and threw my legs over the edge of the bed. The nightmare has me a little shaken up for some odd reason. Usually, they tend to be more gruesome and horrifying. This nightmare was a bit more milder than what I'm used to. But I'm still scared shitless.

I trudged to the bathroom with my head hung low. I didn't bother turning on the light, because there was a small night light plugged up in the wall closest to the window. I leaned over the sink which was located right next to the door and twisted the knob label "Cold" and allowed the water to fill my hands. I don't know why but I suddenly had a very bad feeling in the pit of my gut. It had me a little worried. Wow that dream has me shook to my core.

I splashed my face with the water and took a deep breath. It was all a dream Bryce. You have nothing to worry about, I told myself firmly.

You have nothing to worry about...

That was until I heard a slow laugh erupt from behind me.

I froze in complete and utter terror..Caine was on a business trip until Tuesday..he left just yesterday night..and he did not sound like that...who else could it be..?

Maybe it is Caine playing a trick on me? Who knows? But then again Caine had never been the playful one and if he came back to his room I would've heard the room door open.

I slowly rose up to my full height after being hunched over the sink. My heart was beating rapidly against my chest and my breath had caught in my throat. I was shaking in fear and I felt tears blur my vision instantly.

I could feel the fear slither through my veins and it had me paralyzed in ice cold terror. I made eye contact in the mirror with the person behind me. I did the only thing I could at that moment.

I let out a piercing scream.