25| Secrets and Sadness

Dedicated to:Bhumijoshi3

Thank you for the constant and support and voting on every chapter! Please, continue supporting like this :*

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"I hate waiting. But if wait means being able to be with you, I'll wait for as long as forever to be with you"

~16quotes.com

Claire's POV

I stared deeply into his dilated pupils, our faces just centimetres apart, trying to decipher the meaning behind his words.

"I'm sorry" he whispered, removing his hands from behind my back. Meticulously, he placed his hands on my waist and backed away from me until I was left forlorn with the urge of his touch.

My lips had parted as I breathed heavily when he was far away from me. His head hung low, staring at nothingness.

"W-What?" I asked; my voice came in whispers through my trembling lips.

"I can't do this" he repeated, looking straight into my eyes.

"Why?"

"Because...God, this is so wrong!" he groaned in frustration, bunching up his hair in his hands.

I couldn't believe what was happening, it felt like a nightmare and I just wasn't waking up.

"Why is it wrong?"

I sounded like I was on the verge of crying. I stuttered while I spoke – my mind was whirling like a tornado.

His rubbed his face and exhaled heavily after which he exclaimed "Claire...I don't want us to be anything other than best friends, I don't think I'll be able to handle that"

"You kissed me back!" I bellowed.

"I know! And I shouldn't have, I'm sorry!"

"How do you think I'll be able to be 'just friends' with you after I've confessed?"

"We'll try to forget about it"

My heart was exploding in chest. My eyes widened. My mind was desperately trying to connect the dots as to where I went wrong, what went out of hand "But Logan–"

"I'll get some clothes for you"

"Logan, wait!" I yelled this time, grabbing his complete attention to me "Admit it! You like me too!"

"I do Claire, I really do" he walked over to me "But not like that; I'm not in love with you and I never want to be"

His words cut through my heart like dagger, tearing every little hope that was left inside me.

"Why? Is it because there's someone else in your life?"

"It is because I have no one else in my life other than you, that I don't want to fall in love with you"

I glared at him, speechless for a while. What had gotten into him? "I...I don't get it Logan, if I'm truly the only person then why don't you want to take our relationship forward?"

He squeezed his eyes shut and lifted his head towards the ceiling. I let him calm down for a while but my heart was racing faster every minute. He strolled towards his bed and sat on it, placing his hands on its white sheets, bunching up the material angrily into his fists.

"What's wrong with you?" I finally asked, pushing back the tears that had started to form.

His gaze found my eyes and I saw it. His face had turned red, his eyes gleaming as tears formed in them too "I don't want to lose you"