Fourteen - I'm Normal, Right?

"I don't believe a word you say,
But I can't stop listening"

Where Did The Party Go? , Fall Out Boy

I clutched my jacket closer to me as I stood in front of the park gates. That was honestly probably a prank call but silly naïve me wouldn't realize it when they called.

Suddenly someone blocked my sight.

I'm sorry God for I have sinned sometimes – okay a lot – but please don't let me get kidnapped and killed!

"Guess who?" A voice played around my ears. Perfect setting for a dang horror movie.

"Please don't let me die," I whimpered.

"Calm down Williams, it's just me." The person released their hands from my eyes. When I finally opened them, Conner was standing in front of me with a goofy smile plastered onto his face.

"What the hell Conner!" He stood there for awhile before his smile faded and his lips turned into a straight line. "You good?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Did Delaney invite you to the Valentines Day party?" I'm assuming Delaney is the saber-tooth tiger covered in a spray tan, false eyelashes and branded clothing.

Ding-ding correct!

"Yup." He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair making it go into different directions. He took in a deep breath and looked down silently for a few moments before looking back at me.

"Promise me you won't panic, scream, or kill me?"

"Alright?" The way I said it came out more as a question than an answer.

He bit his lip, "you have to go as my date."

I'm sorry I – as in your supposed date – do not fill obligated to go as your date.

"No."

"It's not like you really have a choice, Williams." He smirked at me. Personally, nervous and serious Conner is much more likable than conceited and cocky Conner. "And plus who wouldn't die to go on a date with this? I make straight guys swoon!" He proudly stood up straight and grinned at me.

"You see I never said I was going to her party in the first place." His smile fell.

"That's a ticket to social suicide."

"But for starters when did I even have a social status?"

"Since you started dating me," his iconic smirk had crept it's way among his lips again.

"Couples break up honey bear," I cooed.

"Not this one," he pointing a finger to himself and then to me.

This isn't entertaining anymore. "Maybe because we aren't a couple," I lazily looked him in the eye. "The only reason we talk is because of a literature project and plus, you don't do relationships. You're literally the definition of a playboy. You know it yourself – use girls, make them feel special, break their hearts." That must have struck a vein since Conner was full on glaring at me.

"You're a jerk Williams."

"You know I – Conner!" I called out for him as he walked away with a scowl of annoyance on his face.

Guess who messed up this time?

.

.

Autumn and Ivy scolded me like they were my mother when I told them what I said to Conner. It's not my fault!

Wait scratch that, it's one hundred percent my fault. And because of that I have to commit social suicide and go to the party alone. Autumn and Ivy got dates so I don't want to ruin that for them. As for Conner, he has lines of girls kissing and praising the land he walks on so I don't think he has any problem.

"Party time!" My mom came squealing into my room while my hair and makeup was being done. She's been ecstatic ever since my dad mentioned that this would be my chance to become a "normal" teenager.

They seriously don't appreciate my usual weekend plans.

"And done!" Jacqueline spun me towards the mirror proudly and brushed off my shoulders. "Darling, you look stunning!" Her smile lit up the whole entire room – no kidding.

"Thank you Jacqueline, I love it." I smiled. The person in the reflection was sure for heck not Jade Williams. She was a girl who was always happy and went out every night for girl nights out and parties.

Finally, when my hair was done, I slipped into my dress. It was black with a lace top that has a slit in the middle and the bottom part was a classic style gown bottom with a slit to reveal my right leg. My lips looked plump and were a bright red matte color. As for my hair, it was shoulder length curls which added to a classy look.

"Is this Jade Williams?" My dad hugged me when I reached the bottom of the stairs. "Still the girl who stays up till the sun rises watching Netflix, dad."

"I can't imagine you going to prom," my mom sniffed and wiped a tear. This was way too dramatic for a high school party. It's not that big of a deal, honestly. You could find me huddled up on the corner couch or near the snack table – like any other family party.

My parents were treating this like prom. They booked a limo for God's sake! We went outside and a long, slick black vehicle pulled up to the front of the driveway.

Here goes nothing.

.

.

I hate this. I hate it so much. I hate it more than when your teachers give you a ten-page essay to complete for homework. In fact, that's what I'd rather be doing right now.

Autumn and Ivy are drunk and their dates took them home, which leaves me stranded. Just as I predicted, I'm huddled in the right corner watching all the drunken and intoxicated teenagers practically grind on each other, dead center on the dance floor.

I've been hating this so much, that I actually looked around for Conner but soon realized he's probably locked in a room with Delaney.

Which doesn't bother me at all.

It was my que to leave when a girl smashed a guy against the wall and started making out with him. Sometimes I wonder if real couples are even allowed to go to parties if this is what happens.

So I retreated to the "snack table". It was just a bar. No food, just drinks. Probably no water either.

"Hey pretty lady," a guy slurred next to me. I ignored him and just ordered a drink that seems to have no alcohol in it. That was probably the most risky thing I've done all night and it's half past eleven.

That's when I knew.

When I took a long sip of the drink, it burned the back of my throat and I couldn't stop drinking it.

Great going Jade Williams.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, more of the party will be in the next one. Also, I'd really encourage listening to "Where Did The Party Go?" by Fall Out Boy for the next couple of chapters because it's really fitting. *wInKwInK*

I CANT BELIEVE IT!

How far DOD is going! I would have honestly never dreamed of getting this far on Wattpad, but it sure as heck happening! Thank you so much for being so supportive towards my writing.

We have been dropping on Teen Fiction, but that's okay! We're still growing each day. Once you start growing you really can't stop, except for your height.

I learned that the hard way.

I was thinking about making an update schedule. So please comment the two days of the week you'd like me to update and I'll pick the most popular two.

Don't forget to vant! (share x comment x vote)

Sorry I'm so dorky woops

Pillow Fluff & Puppy Scruff

SIMI