28. Abstinence

A/N:

I had to update a day early because I was sure that I would forget due to classes. I did the same thing for my story Worlds Apart (btw please go check that story out, its the sequel to Islands.)

Also... with how many people are reading this story, I will probably not even think about writing the sequel until next summer. With that being said, the sequel to this story probably won't be out until winter of 2018. Again that is only if you guys vote, comment and follow and tell me that you want it, I did the same thing with Islands and the sequel is now out.

Please vote, comment, follow, and check out my other stories.

Lots of love, enjoy

-Annelie Leddy

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Clara couldn't take it any longer, it had been nearly five days since her hospital trip, five days since Flint had given her the best high of her life and it was unbearable.

What was also unbearable was that Flint was acting quite strange ever since she told him everything, however to him it was the other way around.

They didn't talk much since he'd heard about what happened that night two years ago, but it wasn't because he was mad, it was because he didn't want to say the wrong thing. He felt horrible, walking on eggshells around her, in his home, at his own bar, and it was obviously making him frustrated.

Clara couldn't sleep, she felt horrible, guilty, shameful. She was convinced that Flint's short conversations and distant demeanor was because he was no longer interested in her, but that he thought of her as a whore with too much baggage.

It was nearly seven in the morning, the sun was rising, some light crept through the curtains. She looked over at Flint, he hugged a pillow under him and was sleeping with his head turned away from her, his shaggy hair messy over his pillow. She got out of bed and left the scotts man sleep.

Flint woke up at nine in the morning, his alarm blaring on his bedside table. He swiped the screen of his phone to turn it off then rolled over to see the beautiful girl beside him. His arm stretched out to touch her smooth skin but instead he felt only the sheets. He looked around but the girl was no where in sight.

"Clara!" He called out. The silence had his brain racing through scenarios. She left, she was hurt, she slipped, she fell down the stairs, one of the railings on the deck gave way and she was floating in the river.

He hurriedly stood up and walked into the bathroom, nothing. He hurried out the bedroom door and called for her again. The silence had never been terrifying to him but his brain kept swarming with ideas.

She's a grown woman, you ass hat, she can take care of herself. The voice in Flints brain kept telling him. But he audibly answered it.

"No...no." he searched the hallway, looking into her room, but nothing was there.

"Clara!" He yelled again. He went down the stairs and searched both sitting rooms, the kitchen and the living room. He searched the deck last and checked the railing to be safe.

He went back to the front door, crossing the bridge over the tiny koi pond and into his front gated court yard. He looked around and called out her name again but there was nothing.

Clara went for a walk. Down the side streets, down past a couple of buildings and under the bridge of the highway where cars were parked. People filled the sidewalks, going to the pier and the shops alongside it. She went through various parts of the pier and took her time to turn back to Flints riverside house.