Kailar - Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Colton's POV

Resurrection

I hurried back to work checking on the various stations of the compound while Logan checked on the others.

"We have more injured on the way" Leon responded running up to me, he was covered in sweat as you could see his clothes sticking to his skin. It was cool but with everything going on, and the fact the wolves have a higher temperature it was sure to get warmer at some point. Though it was dark various lights lit the compound but we relied mainly on sight, too much light could give away some of our defenses.

"Find room to clear out for the wounded, if we could get more doctors in from the city it would be greatly appreciated. Don't force them just ask for volunteers, can you relay the message to Logan for me. If all go well tell him to make the preparations for their arrival." I instructed surveying the sight around me.

"I can try, but with so many wounded our borders are close to breaking, Kailar hasn't responded for a while he went after Uta with another group." He walked with me. I nodded before he went off to make the preparations.

"Colt!." I could hear Terra's voice ring from behind me as she was quickly approaching. "Where is everything at, at the moment. I swear I looked everywhere for you I started to get worried." She tugged a jacket on over her t-shirt.

"Everything is okay for now. Kailar has gone after Uta with a group, and we have another wave of injured coming in trying to find room I sent a request for more doctors from the city." I responded quickly before we made our way inside where I scouted for rooms. "With so many injured our border will so fail, so we need to be on high alert any time soon, if we can move the injured inside to more secure sections we can defend better." I opened a door to a large room with extra supplies before instructing some members to start clearing it out.

"I-I can help.. until the doctors arrive. I'm a healer." She responded stopping.

"No. Terra I can't risk it you need to protect her." I stated looking towards her.

"These are my people, just let me help a few... If I get tired I shall stop." She pleaded as we made our way back out into the courtyard.

I though over it before I reluctantly agreed to it. She gave me a soft smile before heading off to the injured where I was on her trail.

She bent down looking over each one before she went and sat in the middle of a small group. She started chanting a pattern of words while she sat with her hand on the ground channeling her energy. It was a slow process but it was like everything slowed down and everything was in tune. It was faint but there was a slight glow to her figure, and a whiter glow to the injured which lasted for about seven minutes before she finally got up. Once she got up she was pulled into a hug by Leon who quickly checked to make sure she was okay.

Slowly she made her way over to me and smiled. I patted her on the head oddly I was younger than her but I felt like it was my job to protect her to the death like she was my responsibility.

"Told you I would be fine."

"That you did, and you did amazing. You make a strong Luna, an even stronger queen." I responded.

That bright moment was soon shattered by a piercing howl which was close as they opened the main gate to the compound. It was Kailar's howl, followed by our group of wolves.

"Their coming the borders have been defeated." I could hear alpha Logan yell, as every wolf shifted. I gave Terra a meaningful glance as she nodded and shifted into her wolf followed by me.

Terra's POV

I quickly shifted and braced for what was about to come. The suspense was cutting the air before we were impaled by the ambush. Kailar was first to make the way back with what was left of the group of wolves.

'Our border has been breached, it is now time to protect the compound before they can advance any farther!' He growled. His giant wolf made his way over to mine as he gently nudged my side pressing his snout to my wolf's neck.

'If you can't do it, find a way back Colt will take you with him. I really don't want you fighting but I am stronger with you.' He sent through the mind link to me.

'I understand.' I barely got out before everything collapsed around us. Wolves made their way into the compound taking on anyone that stood in their way. I quickly fought my way through killing wolves with my teeth as I made my way through the flood of wolves. I watched as people I got to know fell to the ground in a puddle of blood before breathing their last breath of life.

I tackled a wolf for what seemed like the 100th time in the last minutes. Before I was tackled by a large grey wolf who bared its teeth at me before showing me it's neck in surrender. I looked into the wolves eyes and quickly recognized the creature. Stephen. He released me before fighting off a wolf that was about to attack me from behind.

I bowed my head quickly before he went back to fighting protecting me from any side I couldn't but I wasn't attacked when i felt the pain. This pain was much worse than the bite of a wolf it was the pain of an injured mate. I quickly turned my head to see what the man I used to know as my father biting down on the stomach of my mate. I felt every inch of the pain and for what felt like eternity I shut down only focusing on Kailar until my vision turned red leaving me blind.

My wolf was more than mad.