-Chapter 6-

In the midst of the night, Tahlia returned to her humble home, entering carefully as to not awake anyone, and moved slowly to her own bedroom, though her heart still thudded with adrenaline. 

Her mother and father had apparently went to bed. Bowls of soup still lied on the table and the pot of soup was still sitting idly on the stove. Luckily, the stove wasn't on. 

She despised when her mother's forgetfullness caused catastrophic events. 

She retired to her bedroom, removing the brown knitted sweater, dress and boots. Then changing to her white gown. 

She slowly brushed her hair before sinking into her warm bed, wandering if perhaps, that strange cloaked man she had met, was also, retiring to a comforting bed such as hers. If perhaps, he also lived in a cozy village at the other edge of the forest where they have beautiful cloaks of different colors. Perhaps they also had a festival. 

A festival where no traditions were held. You could go alone as a teen or with someone if you chose. Where people respected your opinions and choices. 

She dreamed of this for a while, finding a comforting smile stretch across her face in the thought of perhaps, just maybe, this could be true. 

But then why, if he had grown up in such a warm enviorment, would he be so outwardly cold? So virtuous as to save a woman he did not know, but so cold as to ignore her. To share his concern by intructing her to go homeward, but so callous as to leave her there with no way knowing how to get back. 

There could be reasons, yes. But none of which supported the idea of that he had grown up in a happy little village on the edge of a glorious, blooming, forest. 

No, perhaps he lived alone. Out in the wood alone, fighting off The Infected even when night came and sleep was supposed to be had. Perhaps he was always awake, too afraid to sleep. 

In that case, he would be dead soon. 

She shook her head as such evil thoughts filled her head. Disgusting thoughts. 

The man who had saved her life, and now she was thinking of him dead? 

Though, it could only be considered the truth. At that rate he would die. 

She decided assuming might would be for the worst. 

"Who are you.." She whispered quietly, looking at her ceiling with bemusement. "..cloaked man?"