Chapter Twenty-Six: Forest Pureheart

Forest Pureheart. The heroine, Meadow Pureheart's stepsister. And unlike your villainess 'kill the heroine because she stole my beloved fiance' stepsister, Forest is different.

Of course, being born from a duke household and pampered since childhood, who wouldn't be angry when suddenly, your father marries another woman which he loved and pampered more than your mother.

In Forest's case, after his father marries Meadow's mother, Forest and her mother became less favoured. And who would in their right mind would accept that their father suddenly forgets about you while your mother dies from depression because of what happened.

Which is the reason Forest detest Meadow but not to the point that she wanted her gone.

You can call her a wallflower villainess because in the game, Forest is not well-known. She rarely makes any appearances eventhough she's friends with the five rivals.

Forest, you can call her the one who gives info to Marlie and the others about Meadow's weakness, allergies and about what she hates.

She neither helps them with their schemes nor bully the heroine. She only gives info that'll help the group as long as Meadow suffers.

I guess Forest suddenly felt creeped out when she noticed me staring into space because she shook my shoulders.

"Hey Amber! Are you okay?"

I snapped out of my daze, "Ah i'm okay." I said with a reassuring smile, "Right, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Amber Trinity Scarlette, and yes, i'm the one you were looking for."

"Ah, so you're the one Miss Venus told me to help you adapt to KU."

I frowned, "Venus Crystle?"

She nodded, "She told me to help you shop for school supplies, get your class schedule for this school year, show you around the campus and...

"Be your friend." She said, her voice dripping with excitement.

I felt my mouth twitching. Venus-sama... does she think i'm a five-year old?! I can do all those things without any help!

I smiled wearily, "Ah sorry, but I don't need any help so if you may please leave..." I said as I try closing the door but Forest suddenly puts her foot inside to block the door from closing.

"I can promise you that but atleast be my friend." She said with her puppy eyes.

I hesitated, "Uhh..."

"Please. I promise you that i'll be a good friend." She said, her puppy eyes becoming more pitiful by the second.

I couldn't help but pity her.

Forest, having half of her life growing up with no mother by her side while her father only sees her as a useless daughter, she only has herself to depend on.

I sighed. She reminds me of my little sister, Paris.

In my family, my mother is a famous assasin while my father is an elite super agent. Having two daughters, they expected each of us to take the path of either an assassin or a secret agent.

My mother is a black-haired beauty with cold blue eyes, and by chance, the features I inherited from. Which somehow, led her to believe that I got the skills to become an assassin, training me to become a perfect assassin to inherit her title. The title of 'Ghost Queen', who is infamously known as someone who never fails mission and is cold and ruthless and is the top female assasin, which she inherited from my grandmother and then decided to pass on the tradition to me.

And as for my twin sister Maevis, having no choice but to obey father and become a secret agent. She inherited the title of 'Agent Spades', someone who never fails mission.

And after a few years, came Paris, who's neither leaning to the good side nor the bad side. She is always left out in the family because my parents deemed her as useless, not being able to achieve what they expected her to be. But even with that kind of treatment, she strived and became a famous hacker and inventor. But unfortunately, my parents didn't acknowledged that and only pressured her more to inherit the family company.

Sure, i'm lucky to be born with a silver spoon, but I guess my luck runs out when it comes to parents.

The reason why I only wanted to live a peaceful life where no one will pressure me to become someone they expected me to be.

I sighed.

"Okay. I'll be your... friend." I squeezed out.

Coming from someone who is anti-social, this looks awkward.

"Great! Then let's go shopping this afternoon. After that, i'll tour you around the campus. Then i'll help you with your class schedule and..."

I immediately butted in, "Wait wait wait wait! I only wanted you to become my friend not my guide or anything."

Forest raised a brow, "Really? Then do you know where to buy the needed school supplies? Or do you even know the school supplies you need?"

I suddenly became speechless.

"Do you even know where are the designated classrooms for wind mages? Do you know your classes? Do you know where the canteen is and- Ohmff!"

I put my hand over her mouth. I sighed in relief when she finally shuts up.

"Okay okay. Do what you want. I'm only worried that I might waste your time guiding an ignorant student like me."

She smiles, "Don't worry, I have lots of free time."

I sighed, "Then i'll be in your care."

"Good." She nods in contempt, "We'll be shopping this afternoon. And if you need anything, my room is only ten rooms away."

I nodded, "Got it."

"Oh, and by the way, I smell something burning."

With that statement, my eyes widen as I dash to the kitchen.

Damn, the bacon I was cooking! Is on fire!