Chapter 4

Copyright © 2014 by Athena Heart

"Liar." She hissed.

"You heard what I said!" He stepped back and watched her reaction. "All the papers have been signed. Legally, I own your family business. And the legal papers state clearly, you will marry me. I insisted that was put in and your mum agreed. So, you are legally mine." He stepped towards her.

"Don' touch me." She backed away from him. "I will never marry you. No matter what."

He didn't answer, but leaned towards her, studying her face with an uncanny coldness in his face. "Is that how you want to play it, Elena? I don't have time for your damn games. I am a busy man."

In a flash, he took her by the arm and heaved her body on top of his shoulders.

"Put me down!" She punched into his back and tried to kick out her legs. But her legs were tightly under his grasp.

Dean knew where her bedroom was. He marched up the stairs, unfazed by her attacks on his back.

The door slammed open and with his free hand, he swiped the stuff off her make-up table. Everything on it crashed to the floor. In a quick manoeuvre, he seated Elena on the table. Grabbing her legs, he parted them. He stepped in between her legs. His arms shot out, each palm placed against the mirror behind Elena.

"There's a good reason, why I have you up on your make-up table and not the bed. Don't push me. Coz if I were to get you onto that bed, I doubt I will be able to keep the clothes on you."

Her eyes widened at what he had just said and she stopped punching him. She looked away from him at her window, outside into the peaceful garden with its nicely manicured lawn and her mother's favourite red rose bushes on one side.

"Can't you remove the marriage clause from the legal stuff?" She asked, still not looking at him.

Dean laughed.

"You don't get it do you. This is about you and me. Not the money." Dean said. "I give no damn to the money. This is about what your parents and mine wanted. This is what I wanted. And still want." He cupped her cheeks roughly, turning her face to him. "You made me crazy, running after you like that. And now that, I am this close to having you, what makes you think I will let you go."

Elena closed her eyes, feeling the tears well up.

"I...I never felt anything marriage towards you, Dean."

"You don't huh? Then why is that your body keeps tingling each time I touch you?"

He knew?

"I know you inside out, kitty. More than you do yourself. You liked those kisses. And I got more of those where they came from." He winked at her.

"That's different. We are talking about a marriage here. A lifetime commitment between you and me. I can't marry you Dean. My decision is final."

"If you don't marry me, I will rip everything that is under the Cruise name. The hotel, the money, the house...everything, Elena. I'm not playing games here and I'm fucking serious about the marriage. Don't you dare screw this up!" He glowered at her. "I won't hesitate to do it, if you keep insisting on challenging me."

From her lap, her hand shot up to cover her mouth. She couldn't believe the words he had just spilled to her. "How could you say that? You know, dad worked hard on The Peridot."

"I am a businessman, Elena. Though this marriage isn't about the money but I still think like one. I will do it." He threw the challenge back at her.

Elena held up her hands in defence towards him. "Please don't." Fear filled her. "Can you give me some time to think about the wedding?"

"Some time?" He scoffed at her. "Why?"

"I need some time to think through things."

In a rush of seconds, Elena felt herself taken up from the table and thrown on the bed with Dean on top of her. Dean pulled her hands above her head and held them there, tight. Every line of his perfect body pressed onto her.

"You don't need any fucking time. You just need to do it. Marry me. That's all. And even if you go to the law..." He let himself laugh at her face. "I know people everywhere who will not hesitate to put a stop to whatever you intend to do."

"Dean, please... don't do this." She begged him. Elena felt her eyes stinging with tears and she remained still, looking at him. "Don't...Dad worked hard for all of it. You know that." She replied softly, thinking about how hard her parents especially her late father had worked in putting The Peridot as a renowned hotel in the country.

"There's no point in fighting it Elena. Everything that is Cruise is at stake here. You will marry me and prepare for the wedding without giving any problems to your mother and to me. Are we clear on this?"