Josh Joseph

Wednesday
3:13pm
Duns house

           Once the two approached the Dun house Tyler was amazed by the families choice in decor and lawn items. The house was a simple one story that was decorated from head to toe with small house plants and miscellaneous structures. Once Tyler and Josh walked inside the smell of a roast fresh out the oven, filled the boys noses.

           "Are you gonna say for dinner?" Josh quickly asked as he locked the door. The sound of the television hummed in the background. And that being followed by the other Dun siblings laugher, gave Tyler a warm and fuzzy feeling in his chest.

           Tyler nodded, looking around in search of the kitchen. Wanting to investigate the mouth watering smell. But he was playfully pulled down the hall on the left. The two stepped into a medium size bedroom with a twin sized bed and dresser. Similar to Tyler's bedroom, minus the scatter clothing and shoes.

         Josh's room was neat and his bed was
neatly made, his comforter match his wallpaper and the carpet was spotless. Josh placed his trumpet and backpack down near his closet and began to remove his shoes. Tyler motioned over the corner closest to the door, unaware of what he should be doing.

          Josh turned around and noticed the awkward and borderline uncomfortable look on Tyler's face.

           "Um, you can sit down if you like." Josh offered trying his best to lighten the mood.

         Tyler took a deep breath and began to scan the room, he assumed it would be inappropriate to sit on his bed.. so he plopped down on the floor, sitting crisscross applesauce. Josh let out a mixture of a gasp and a laugh, he began to nodded and plopped down beside him.

           Tyler looked down at his lap and began to fidget with his rubber band. Josh could feel how disconnected Tyler was, so he wasn't surprised when he began answering his question with short responses. The silence began to full the room, Josh was out of questions and Tyler wasn't helping.

            "I gotta use the bathroom real quick." Josh muttered before rushing out the room.

        Tyler waited till he heard the nearby
bathroom door shut, so he could bury in his hands in his face and let out a sigh of frustration.

         "Ugh, I'm fucking up." He whined.

  "How bout you talk to him dummy." A voice said.

       Tyler looked up towards the door, where the same girl from church stood. Better know as Ashely Dun. She looked down at Tyler from the door frame, her arms crossed and she shook her head in disapproval.

        "My idiot of a brother invites you over because he thinks you're cool, don't get me started on how many times I've heard your name. On the daily!" She began, with a scowl.

       "He was so excited for you to come over, heck even I was. And now you're really not living up to your expectations."

      Tyler sat there for a moment, registering what he just heard. He grew a small frown across his face before whispering.

             "I know I just-."

       "No no no, you must hate him or something." Ashely  scowled plastering a smirk on her face.

Tyler shook his head displaying a look of pure disbelief.

       "Of course not I like him! I like him a lot actually.." He pleaded.