1

Thud. Thud. Thud.

Ezeriah heard the roaring blood flowing through her body and with each beat of her heart, she was brought back to consciousness. She took a breath causing the compressed sound to make her inhale sharply. Her eyes flew open, finding a block of ice around and above her. Her teeth chattered, noisily.

Where was she?

She closed her eyes, as a turmoil of waves hit her with so much force, the sheet of ice she was in rocked back and forth.

She was sick.

With a disease doctors couldn't cure, at the age of eighteen, she signed to be compacted in ice. In two thousand one hundred sixty seven, the doctors had hopes of a cure in the future and science that would be able to thaw her-assuming she awoken, and use it for her to have a better life.

But she woke on her own.

She shivered, feeling the ice melt around her face. The heat of the sun seemed to awaken her, spooling onto her skin making her skin greedily want more. Her body lifted towards the warmth, making the ice crack around her legs and arms. She shook her body, lifting herself into a sitting position.

She was blinded by the sun, hissing as the brightness flashed into her adapting eyes. As she looked around, eyesight coming back, her jaw dropped. She was just off a coast of a huge city, and there were several other sheets of ice around her. With bodies. Some were upside down, rocking back and forth, some had blood frozen in the ice, and some where sinking under water. Lucky for her, she was edged against a large rock next to the flat plain of soil.

Although, she didn't have a single idea where she was, she knew she didn't want to die sinking into water. Ezeriah began kicking her legs to break more ice, an attempt that rewarded her with the ice breaking in half. She grabbed onto the rock and hoisted herself onto the land.

Gasping, she stood up, and looked back at the others sinking into the water. She turned back towards the huge silver buildings, fingertips from touching the sky.

The bright rays warmed her naked body making her feel more alive. She laughed softly, and looked up as the rays fell onto her face making her smile. She began running towards the city, eager reunite with the world she had been graced to live in again.

---

"Mom, Jaxton is going to throw my holopod." Aiken yelled, jumping to reach his brothers hand.

"Give your brother back his toy," Nava sighed, exasperated with her work and children.

"If I give it back, you have to promise to not followed me and my friends tonight," Jaxton grinned as his younger brother's eyes grew wide.

"No! I wanna play with you guys," Aiken shouted." Give it back!"

"Promise." Jaxton raised a brow as he watched in amusement.

Aiken pouted at him, as clearly, his young mind was conflicted.

"Give it back!" He kicked Jaxton's shin.

"Now you've went and done it." Jaxton pushed him down.

Jaxton sprinted out of his room, Aiken not far behind, and stopped on their back porch that overlooked the outskirts of the city.

"Want it? Go get it." Jaxton said before throwing the small piece of technology far from their home.

Aiken screamed as he watched it disappear in the woods." My toy!"