5. A leader

Chapter 5

A leader

I woke up to the sound of a piano playing.

The tune was so familiar, I got up humming the tune. I did my morning routine while humming the tune, until I realized where that tune was from.

At the age of 7 I was taught to play the piano, my mother liked the idea of me learning how to play, so she took the opportunity and taught me.

Every morning on my birthday I was awakened by the sound of a certain tune. Mozart's Piano Sonata no.11, the song I adored.

I felt a tear roll down my face and everything came to realization, I miss my family and I won't see them anytime soon. I'm stuck here.

I walk downstairs and see the little boy. The same little boy who called me Luna.

"Hello Luna Astrid!" He says coming running up to me. He hugs me and I hug back.

"Mommy why is Luna crying?" He suddenly let me go and run up to his mom.

I look at his mom and see a beautiful, tall woman with long gorgeous black hair and deep black eyes like Adam's.

"Hello, I am Autumn. Adam's cousin" She said.

"Where is Adam?" I ask.

"He had some Alpha errands to run," She said.

"He doesn't wanna see me right?"

"I'm sorry Astrid," she said.

I walked upstairs and laid on the bed. The tune still played but it didn't come from the kitchen where Autumn and her boy were. I got up to go in search of that beautiful tune.

I finally go into a music room and see a girl sitting in the piano chair.

"Hello" she greets without even looking at me.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"My name is Esme, the beta's daughter," she said.

"I am a beta's daughter as well" I say somewhat excitedly.

I felt like I was finally going to get a friend that had something in common with me.

"Oh I know, We are not gonna be friends" she said snorting.

"Why?" I ask innocently.

"Adam was mine" she said and stopped playing.

She turns to me and starts walking towards me.

"He. Was. My. Boyfriend" she said clearly. "I was with him the day you met him".

"We arrived a day before you did, and we had sooo much fun" she laughed while winking at me. "Oh, if you don't know what I mean little miss perfect it means we had sex".

I stare at her in anger, my blood boiled at the thought of Adam and her in bed. I let out a small growl and started walking out the room.

"He doesn't love you, he still loves me. He hates you" she said playfully.

I stopped at the balls of my feet and turned around. I walk towards her, grab her by the neck and stare at her turning purple.

"I am his mate and you need to get over him" I said while staring at her purple face.

"Don't. Kill. Me" she gasped.

"Oh, I don't wanna kill you," I said laughing.

I let her go and stare at her trying to catch a breath.