Chapter 41

They finally arrived to the city known to be, 'The land of Sunshine and Coastlines'. Ria was in awe, everywhere she looked. The tall palm trees and long sandy beaches, the amazing designed buildings and posh villas and bungalows along the coast. They rode down the seaside lane, there were lots of people chilling on the sandy beach, catching the afternoon sun and awaiting a night of partying under the emerging, starry night sky. Girls in their bikini tops with beach shorts or tights skirts and beefy guys, hot enough to walk around the sidewalks shirtless. Some liked to show off their swish rides that cost over a million dollars, others roamed around in groups on skates and skateboards. A group of girls were heading from the beach with only their shorts or bikini underwear on, their boobs were bouncing out like it was a normal thing to do, but then a female cop stopped them by the seawall and told them that, that was a non-nudity zone.

Lynn was right about everything. That city was a summer wonderland. Santa Fey only experienced about 800 litres of rainfall a year. The city was vibrant, unlike the tall, grey state buildings and skyscrapers of Norton. Hayne drove them up to a hilly estate where they got a clear view of the classic yachts docked below. They came around the outskirts of the city and finally turned up at the  Grand Orpton Hotel. The architectural structure of the prestigious hotel was tall and superbly cylindrical. Hayne drove under the hotel entrance canopy where they all got off and were greeted by the waiting valet. They took their bags from the trunk and walked in.

Lynn and Ria entered the amazing lobby that had golden pillars at every corner, there was a lounge area and the ceiling was so high up and held a magnificent chandelier. Lynn went up to the hotel receptionist and got them a room each.

The porter rolled in a luggage trolley to place their the bags in and take them up to their rooms.

"Here are your room keys," Lynn said handing Ria and Hayne a key each. Hayne grabbed his key as he kept looking into his phone before finally excusing himself.

"Okay, I just need to make a call," he said before going out the swinging hotel doors.

"Shall we?" Lynn told Ria before leading the way for them.

They came up to their hotel rooms and settled in. Ria looked around her, feeling quite like a rich girl. The room had a king size bed, stylish lamps all around the corners, glossy caramel-colored wallpaper, a lovely shower, bath and water closet, the room had a comfy sofa with a short-legged coffee table and beautiful drapes hung down over the large glazed windows that had an awesome view.

Ria had a shower before getting herself into a pair of black leggings and a white tank top. The time on her phone was 7.10pm, Ria threw herself on the couch and decided to skype Cat as she had promised.

"Hey Ria!" Cat exclaimed when she appeared on her screen. Cat was at her desk arranging some stuff in front of her that happened to look like makeup, fake eyelashes, lenses and other cosmetics.

"What are you doing?" Ria asked.

"Just organising my very own makeup kit!"

"Hah! That's nice," Ria laughed. "It's good that you're still doing your thing."

"Duh! Don't think I've given up yet on that dream to open my own beauty salon!" Cat said, "So, what else can you tell me 'bout that Hayne guy?" Ria looked away, hoping to avoid the question. "Does he work out? He looks like a gym person."

"He plays rugby," Ria said, giving a slight scratch on her head.

"Ooh! Rugby dudes are hot," Cat nodded. "It's no wonder. Does he usually take his shirt off? Does he also have hot looking friends? And ask him if he could hook me up with one of the-"