Chapter 16

Blake's POV

"Can you tell me more about Lola?" Emma asked me causing me to smile.

Oh the memories I shared with that crazy lady.

"It all started in first grade" I began chuckling remembering how it all began.

First Grade

"Kids settle down, may I have your undivided attention for a second?" the first grade teacher, Mrs. Kwan asked the class.

The class of little children settled down in their seats and waited for their teacher to speak.

"There is a new student coming in today, I want all of you to be nice to her and no funny business" Mrs. Kwan told the class saying the last part mostly towards a boy who was sitting in the back. The boy had short brown hair and bright blue eyes to match. The little boy giggled and nodded his head with the rest of the class saying he would be good.

There was a knock on the door which was soon opened by Mrs. Kwan revealing a tiny little girl and the principle.

"Hello Mrs. Kwan, this is your new student Lola Sanchez." The principle smiled, leading the new girl to the front of the room.

"Hello Lola, I'm Mrs. Kwan you can sit wherever you like sweetie" she told Lola.

The little girl looked around the room and tried to find a kid to sit next to. She spotted the boy in the back, who was currently pounding his head on the desk repeatedly. She giggled as she made her way over to the strange boy in the back.

"Are you ok?" Lola giggled.

The boy looked up in shock and immediately turned red.

"Yeah I'm fine" he mumbled resting his chin on his hands which were lying on the desk.

"Then why were you banging your head?" Lola asked sitting down in the empty chair next to him

"I don't like it here and she's annoying" he simply replied looking up at the principle and Mrs. Kwan.

"Why don't you like it?" She asked swinging her legs back and forth

"Girls ask too many questions" he said shaking his head and sighing

"Is that a bad thing?" She asked tilting her head

"See! You just asked another question!" He said annoyed

"I'm sorry. I was just trying to be your friend" Lola said quietly putting her head down.

The boy bit his lip, looking at the sad girl and sighed. He tapped her on the arm causing her to lift her head so she can see him.

"I guess I'll be your friend" he mumble looking down

"Really?!" Lola perked up lifting her head

"Yeah but you have to prove to me that you can handle being my friend" he told her

"What do I have to do?" She asked

"You have to do something bad. Like, like, hold on I have to think" the boy sat there thinking of what Lola can do to prove her worthiness. Soon, the boy got an idea and snapped his fingers

"Tell Mrs. Kwan she has an ugly name" the boy giggled. For some reason the boy and the teacher didn't get along. Well the boy did act up almost every day so there's a reason.

"That's mean" Lola said in shock.

"Do you want to be friends or not?" The boy asked. Lola quickly nodded her head and got up out of her chair.