Chapter 19

Emma's POV

I woke up feeling energized. I have a feeling that today is going to be amazing, and I just want it to start. I'm really excited to see Blake again and of course Lola and Henry too. I'm even excited to see Megan and Angie tonight. I'm pretty sure all hell is going to break loose, but I honestly don't care anymore.

I peeled my warm cozy comforter off of my body and rolled out of bed. I walked towards my bathroom and washed my face. I looked in the mirror and smiled at my reflection.

"Today's going to be the best day ever" I told myself

I walked out of my bathroom and rummaged through my closet full of clothes. I finally decided to lie out denim shorts, a mint green tank top with a black bandeau and white vans on my bed to change into after breakfast. I walked over to the baby and picked her up. I quickly changed her diaper and clothes.

I trotted down the stairs with the baby, and skipped into my kitchen where my dad was getting ready to leave for work.

"Good morning sweetie! I'm glad to see your smiling" my father beamed at me putting on his doctors coat.

"Good morning daddy" I kissed his cheek before putting baby Nichole in her little chair and went to the fridge.

I took out the carton of orange juice and poured it in a glass on the counter. I then went to the cabinet above and reached for my favorite cereal.

"Good morning Emma" my mom rushed in the kitchen pecking me on the cheek.

"Morning mom!" I chirped pour the cereal in the bowl.

"Can you drive me to work? My car broke down" my mom asked grabbing her suitcase from the table.

"I can't sorry but dad can since you too work together" I said giving her a fake smile.

"I guess." My mom mumbled before leaving the room and calling for my dad.

I carried my bowl and glass into the living room and turned on the morning news. I hate the news but I always watch it anyway. The news is always full of negativity. They only talk about death or robberies. Why not talk about accomplishments or good deeds? I listened to the news reporter speak about a robbery at a local pharmacy near me;

"Police say the suspects looked to be in their middle ages and to be on the lookout for any signs of these men." The reporter said folding his hands while two sketches popped up on the TV next to his face.

"Thank you Phil, now to Sarah for the weather" the girl next to him said.

I shut the TV off and placed my empty bowl and glass in the sink. I grabbed some baby food from my backpack and fed Nichole. After she finished her regular breakfast I carried her back upstairs, and changed into my clothes I picked out earlier. I straightened my hair and put my makeup on while listening to 'smells like teen spirit' by Nirvana.

I unplugged my phone from its charger and saw both Blake and Lola texted me.

From: Blake
Hey I'll pick you up around 10 is that good?

From: Lola
Can't wait to see you! Xx

I replied to them both and checked the time. It already 9:45. I picked out a matching purse and put extra makeup, money, and gum in it.

I made my way down the stairs with the baby and put on a light jacket before walking outside and sitting on the step waiting for Blake to show up.

After fifteen minutes of playing flappy bird on my phone, Blake pulled up in my drive way in his car.

I got up holding the baby and walked towards the car. I opened the passenger door and slip in.