part 38

Thanks for all your endless support for me, #hwnf almost coming to an end. Any idea t you would like to recommend for my next book I will appreciate it. Maybe a spin off? ^^

Leah:

My whole body was stiff and cold, I wonder what had happened. I just hope I didn’t land on the floor due to another case of drunken state because right now I could feel the cold hard floor rubbing against my skin and clothes. Oh my, what’s that awful stench? Did someone puke on me? I slowly open my heavy eyelids to see nothing, it was blurry. I keep on rubbing and blinking my eyes so I could get clear vision, and when I did, a wild panic feeling arises in my stomach. Where am I? I saw a light on the ceiling, it was dim and the air feels somehow damp, the dim light didn’t fully cover this unknown place but at least I could figure it out a little. It feels nerve wrecking, I could practically hear my own raging heartbeats and rapid breathing as the realization that I’m alone in darkness sink in my mind.  I tried to move my numb body to get up from the dirty floor, after that I automatically scooted to the nearest wall for protection. My body was trembling in fear as my eyes roaming wildly around the place, I noticed it was a small room with only a door and most importantly, it has no window at all. I tried to remember the last thing happened before I was here, PHIL.

Small whimpers escapes from me when I remembered it, where is he? Is he okay? What happened? There are too many questions playing in my mind as I tried to stay calm but I was too frightened to remain positive.

“You’re awake,” I shrieked in terror. All of a sudden, a woman’s voice just talked to me. It sounded weak and unclear, instantly I turned my head in all directions to search for the voice.

“Who’s there?”

Then I heard the sound of metal clanking from a dark corner before a small figure emerged from there. It’s a woman, a scrawny woman that slowly slides her body on the floor, her long sticky hair covered her face, her clothes was torn and I caught a glimpse of her bare chest and stomach. I finally realized where that metal sound coming from, it’s from the metal cuffs on her ankle, she was chained to the wall. Oh my God! What kind of a human that did this to her? “It’s me Leah.” She spoke out. How did she know my name?

When she leaned her skinny body onto the wall, her hair covered face slowly exposed to the light and it gave me the greatest shock in my life, the ultimately last person who I thought I would see here. It’s Carla, my friend that I thought already moved to another state, but she was here, chained and suffered.

I quickly ran towards her. “Oh my goodness Carla, wha-”

“No please, don’t touch me,” she pleaded. When I tried to reach for her, she flinched away, that’s when I realized the fresh bruises and wounds on her body, hideous scars were also visible. This unbelievable sight made me instantly cry in front of her, what just happened? How did she ended up here?

“What happened to you Carla? How did you get here? Where are we?”

I noticed how her eyes showed fear, “you can’t be here Leah, he should never get his hands on you. Why you let yourself get caught?” She holds my hands as she cried to me desperately but the only thing in my mind right now is finding a way to escape.

“There’s no time for that, we have to run away from here. I will help you to escape, I just need to find something to-” I was going to search for something to break her free from the cuffs but she abruptly stopped me from doing so.