2. Blue Art & Punishments

ELLIOT

ELLIOT

I stood outside the principal's office while the yelling inside just got louder and louder.

Each time the principal replied with a calm and soft voice, the apple red haired girl retaliated with lots of yelling and complaining. She spoke in such a rushed manner, I couldn't seem to put her words together and find a proper meaning for them.

The only thing I was able to hear was the word "detention".

She punched another student and only gets detention for that? When I got into fights with the guys at my previous school, I was suspended for a whole week.

I scoffed. And mom said this school was strict?

For the next few seconds, there was complete silence and I heard angry footsteps nearing the door I was staring at. When it swung fully open, the devil stepped out.

Her expression quickly turned from angry to annoyed. Or maybe both.

Folding her arms across her chest, she walked towards me, closing the small gap between us and glared at me, her face nearly an inch away from mine.

"I. Hate. You," she mutters, every word coming out in a sharp whisper.

"I've noticed." I grin.

I couldn't resist staring into her hazel eyes. Something I knew about hazel eyes was that they changed color when people were overwhelmed with emotions and when the sunlight reflected on them. Hers had a greenish color with a touch of brown in the center.

"Stop staring, shithead," she snapped before she turned around to leave.

"Shithead. A fan of that word or just addicted?"

She spun on her heal and shot me a deadly look.

"You really can't shut up, can you?" she questioned, the redness of anger spreading out on her face.

"Sorry. I'll stop," I held my hands up in surrender.

I never had any interest in teasing girls, but she was kind of fun to mess with. The way her face turned red of boiling anger was the funniest thing I had ever seen.

"Are you always this charming?" she questioned, ironically.

"Are you always a wild snake?" I snapped, smiling.

Shoot. I did it again.

"You,-" she snarled, but I quickly cut her off by shushing at her.