37. Sick & Twisted hellholes

RACHEL

RACHEL

I had never seen aunt Bella as angry as she was when she scolded Elliot and Brady. Her face was flaming red. After ordering everyone to head to class, she told Elliot and Brady to come to her office after they had been at the infirmary to treat their wounds. 

Brady was in the room next door, the school's nurse treating his wounds while Elliot had his own personal nurse. I held his blood covered hands in mine, using a piece of soft cotton to wipe the blood off his bruised fingers.

"I...I'm sorry," Elliot whispered, tightly. My head jerked up, my gaze snapping to his darkened face. He look sorrowed.

"I hate the guy I used to be. The guy who was reckless, stupid, careless and always picked fights with other guys. I hate that guy. I never meant to turn into him again. I just...," he trailed off, sighing.

"You just lost it," I assumed, raising my brows while looking at him.

For a brief moment, he sat still and stared at me. I wore a soft expression, my hazel eyes looking calmly into his brown. He nodded. "Yeah."

After I had rolled a white bandage around both of his hands, I raised my gaze to his face, using another piece of cotton to wipe the blood off the little cuts on his face and the small wound on his forehead. He smiled and tucked a strand of loose hair from my braid behind my ear. It caused me to smile.

"Tell me what happened. Everything," I said, my smile disappearing.

"Rachel," he began.

"No. Tell me," I commanded with a serious expression.

He sighed before I started retelling everything that happened in the room. "They said you were sleeping with every good looking guy in the school. You were doing it according to some list a few girls made, ranking the hottest guys here. First name on the list was Will. They said you had slept with him. The second name was mine. You were going to sleep with me soon. The third name was Jackson. A guy who sits next to you in physics. They said you were talking quite cheerfully with him today so they assumed he would be next. Brady said that you turned out to be a slut and I just got really angry and pushed him against the lockers."

Slut. I swallowed hard, my heart stinging. Elliot was angry again. His jaw was clenched, his admiring brown eyes darkened.

"And then he started saying that I was scared I'll be a virgin the rest of my life if I never got a chance with you, because I wasn't one of those guys who slept with girls everyday. And Mads and Sky wouldn't give me chance. He called them...freaky fags," he muttered, spitting out the last two words with difficulty. "And then I just lost it. I started punching him and he did the same. We broke into a fight."