Preface

Just one more burger.

I run throughout the kitchen at the cheeseburger joint which I unfortunately still work at, looking for just one burger to sink my teeth into. My name is Bianca Maxwell, professional stealer of food. Not quite professional in the sense, at least.

I know there's better things to come in my life, but here we are.

'Just what do you think you're doing?' My co-worker Celeste questions as I sigh and look at the ground. Ever since I've started here, she has always been watching my every move.

Mustering up courage, I moved my gaze to look at her. She had her hands on her hips and anger in her chocolate brown eyes. She had curly black shoulder length hair and didn't look happy.

'Are you not listening to me?' She shouts with a snarl.

I sigh with a shrug. 'I'm listening to you,' She receives a glare from yours truly. 'There's just nothing to say.' This comment only seems to anger her more.

'Don't play dumb Bianca,' Celeste says in a low voice. 'You were about to go steal another cheeseburger, weren't you? You will eventually be found out soon, I will make sure that will happen. There's no way you'll get out of this.' She hisses.

I chuckle with a smirk. 'Oh please, I've been at this game since scoring this job, nobody else can catch me,' I reply confidently. 'Except for you, who never leaves me alone.'

I then run past her, not forgetting to bump into her on the way. Soon I arrive where I was meant to be, and see a beautiful fresh cheeseburger sitting on the bench top left there to cool. Picking it up with my hands, I lift it to my mouth and take a big, glorious bite.

I continue to do this until I hear Celeste's voice coming closer. 'She's right there!' She shouts as she approaches me, a bunch of the other co-workers behind her. They all look at me with shock.

'This is not what it looks like.' My voice clearly doesn't sound confident.

I then notice my boss walk through the group to the front and looks at me, a stern look on her face. At this point, I knew that I was definitely screwed and nothing good was coming from it.

'Bianca Maxwell,' She says furiously. 'You're fired!'