Chapter One

A WEEK LATER

I wrap my coat around my body as I look through the windows of my old workplace. This has been going on for a entire week and I can't get enough of watching people eat their delicious cheeseburgers. I've realised that I sure do have a unhealthy addiction, but I don't care.

All this time I made up in my mind that I wanted to get out as soon as possible, to explore the world one day, but I realised I can't live without their beautiful food.

I feel my iPhone vibrate in my pocket and take it out to find that my mum was currently calling me. I press the accept button and lift it to my ear. 'Hey mum,' I answer.

She sighs on the other end of the line. 'Are you in the same place again,' She asks and I return her sigh. 'Come on darling, there are so many other work opportunities around town. What about a cafe, or a pizza place? What's so special about that other place?'

'There are cheeseburgers?' I whisper feebly.

I hear a loud ground from her and roll my eyes. 'Forget about the damn cheeseburgers,' She says. 'Find someplace new to work or so help me I will-'

I hang up before she says anything else and shove it back into my pocket. One thing she didn't know about me is that I have a knack for stealing food and I would rather not let her know these things. The excuse used for her was that I decided to pack my bags and quit altogether.

I'm like a undercover spy almost.

Suddenly the sound of wheels rolling along the footpath brings me out of my thoughts and I look around to see a guy with dark brown hair and eyes on a skateboard heading straight towards me. 'Watch out!' He shouts as I come clearer into his sight.

Being the complete lunatic I am, I just stand there frozen as he collides with me, sending me backwards onto the path. In a instant, I feel a sharp pain throbbing in my head.

'Ouch,' I moan, trying to lift out slowly and then I glare at the guy. 'You could've told me sooner then that about the skateboard about to ram into me?' I shout at him, not helping my head.

He glares at me back. 'Maybe you should be more careful,' He snaps before the anger snuffs out of his eyes. 'Are you okay, whoever you are?' He holds out his hand towards me.

'Do I look like I'm okay,' I say sarcastically as I accept his hand and he pulls me up. 'By the way, my name is Bianca Maxwell if you need that for the doctor or something like that.'

'I'm Toby Grey, and I can take you over to the doctor,' He says with a grin before he looks over at the window leading into the diner. 'I can see you are a big fan of cheeseburgers?'

'Professional cheeseburger stealer.' I wink as he laughs.

'Oh goodness, do I love cheeseburgers,' He moans with satisfaction at the thought. 'Just the flavour of the cheese, and the texture of the meat. Just everything about them.'

Finally, somebody who understands me.

'I feel like we are going to get on really well!' I exclaim before I feel another sharp pain in my head and I groan. He looks at me with a concerned expression.

'Let's go.' He gently grins as he loops my arm around his shoulder and we head off.