The Story of High School Parties

We will let the world know that we are alive...because we are never going to be as young as tonight.

~~~

"Too short."

"Perfect." Vinnie says at the same time.

"Next," I say again.

"Nope. You have to get one I say. I got The Mortal Instruments because of you. All I wanted was at maximum a two-hundred page book. So now I can choose whatever I want." Vinnie smirks and her eyes watch over the dress again.

"This is perfect but white might stain so we should do something else." she nods to herself.

"Go try that purple one on." she smiles at me and pushes me through the dressing room. I oblige and unzip the tight, white dress. I slither up the dress and reach for the zipper. Failing miserably I go to call Vinnie only to find her gone. I start to panic but then remember she was looking for a dress. I step out of the curtained room and hold the dress together by pinching my hand on it. I look for a sales woman because I don't want to interrupt Vinnie.

"Need help." a familiar male voice asks. I jump and turn to him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I saw you and I just wanted to apologize for Wednesday." Tanner sighs.

"No need. Goodbye, Tanner." I walk away.

"Wait!" he calls out and I hear his footsteps rushing to me.

"What?" I snap.

"I just wanted to see if you wanted to go out tomorrow night. Like 8:00?" he smiles nervously at me.

"No, thank you."

'C'mon." he pleads.

"Is something wrong, over here?" I am glad to hear Vinnie approaching from behind me.

"Just think about it." Tanner slips a piece of paper in my hand and walks away. I look down at the slip of paper and notice it is a set of numbers. His number. I groan and drop the paper on the ground, wanting nothing to do with it.

"What did he want?" Vinnie inquires.

"He wanted to ask me out." I roll my eyes.

"Oh. Need help?" she arches a brow. I nod and turn around and her fingers fumble with the zipper for a short second before it is completely zipped on.

"Spin." Vinnie instructs. Her eyes go wide and she claps her hands. I giggle when she bounces on her heel acting like an impatient child.

"Go look." she points to a body length mirror. I walk to the mirror and smooth out the dress before looking at my reflection. I frown at the sight. It really is a beautiful dress. A nice, soft lavender color with an A-line neck line that is covered in sparkles and it is flowy. But the only thing that is a little exposed is the small teardrop cut-out that is adorned right in between my breasts. I mean it is beautiful and it looks great against my Italian skin but the fact that it looks to formal for a high school party.

"What is wrong?" Vinnie notices my frown.

"It's too fancy." I frown. Despite the teardrop cut I really love the dress.

"I guess it is. But you still need to get this dress. Maybe the next gala your dad drags you to." she smiles.

"But I got one that I didn't like since I want you to be more exposed. You know show off your boobs and such. But it is definitely stunning. And I can picture you wearing It." she smiles and hands me a royal blue dress.