Chapter 4: Hello Mr Alpha

Pic of Riley to the side >>>

______________________________

Xavier's POV

We're finally back home, back to where it all started. We arrived a few days ago and as soon as we walked through the door my father greeted us with urgent matters to deal with and after taking care of those all we did was sleep and rest up for a few days. Now everything is back to normal and we've transitioned back to pack life seamlessly.

The guys and I decided to pay the college a visit and discuss the addition of a few new degrees to be offered to students with Dean Marcus. In every pack we've visited they've constantly upgraded their schools, colleges, curriculum and degrees offered to ensure the future generations have everything at their disposal and it's about time a few new additions are made to ours. The Red Dawn wolves and Blood Moon wolves share it considering it is privately funded by both packs. I have an inkling that I'll be running into a certain someone today.

I don't know about the other guys, but my wolf, Rhys, has been on edge lately, ever since we reached the pack territory boundaries and I have no idea why. Perhaps I should go for a run in the forest to blow off some steam after this meeting. 

I let Rhys in to ask if everything's okay. What's up with you man? You've been pacing all day. He replies instantly, "I don't know but I feel like something huge is going to happen today, I can just feel it.".

Yeah well, stop. It's distracting and you're thoroughly annoying me with your continuous pacing, get a grip pup! I know calling him a pup would set him off but can't help taking a dig at him.

"Why you son of-" I quickly shut him out before he could finish and laugh at his outburst, he gives as good as he gets and then some.

"Are you guys ready to leave?" I shout up the staircase to Alex and Aiden and seconds later I see them walking down, "Yes all good, let's head out", Aiden replies while grabbing the keys to my truck and heading out the door.

Alex and I exchange a horrified look before darting out and catching up with him and as I pass him, I snatch the keys out of his hand and head straight to the driver's seat and Alex and passenger side, leaving Aiden to the back.

"Hey dude come on; you guys haven't let me drive in ages. That was months ago, and it was only just a scratch," he complains as he jumps in the back.

"Just a scratch? You nearly took out an old lady, and definitely took out her mailbox. Don't forget about the fact that she chucked a huge rock at the windshield and damaged the hood," Alex replies exasperatedly while I just shake my head and start the truck.

"That mailbox was oddly placed and you know it. How was I supposed to know she was standing there, she was so damn tiny I didn't see a thing, at least I didn't hit her!  And it wasn't my fault the little old lady had an arm on her!" Aiden shakes his fist in dramatic outrage.

I turn on some music and drown out the bickering of two-year old's, heading towards the college.  

*****

Alina's POV

I hummed under my breath as I skipped downstairs to the lounge where mum and dad were chatting quietly. As I enter, I notice their looks. "What?" I asked with a shrug.

"You seem awfully chipper today dear. What are you up to now?" mum asked with a suspicious look. "Oh nothing. " I said with my best innocent look but I don't doubt for a second my mother believed it.

"Well I have to get going mum. Lots to do in such little time. And I'm giving Jason a ride on my new baby since he hasn't stopped drooling over it," I called out to my parents as I walked towards the door.