Chapter Nine

Shock. All I can feel is shock.

Lyle... He loves me?

"I know that it's only been a few days since I met you, but I can feel a connection with you already. And... I know that you probably don't feel the same way, but-"

"Lyle. I want to say that I love you back, but... Even if I did feel the same way... It'd never work out. After this vacation ends, we'd have to split ways. I'm sorry."

Lyle gave me a sad look.

"I-I guess that makes s-sense. I'm s-sorry if I just m-made things award..."

"It's fine. Here." I said, before pulling Lyle in for a hug.

He hugged back.

That's when the ride ended, and we had to exit the boat.

"Well, I'll let you go with your brother now." Lyle sadly said.

"You sure you don't want to join us?"

Lyle nodded.

"If you say so. See you later."

"Yeah, sure." Lyle said, before walking away.

Wow. He sure seems disappointed. I mean, yeah, his heart just got shattered, but even he should've known from that it wouldn't work.

I then headed to the cotton candy machine, where I found Damien patiently waiting for me.

"How was the ride?" Damien questioned.

"Okay... I guess..." I responded.

Damien frowned.

"Did Lyle do something to you!?"

"No! Well, kind've."

Damien raised an eyebrow.

"Alright, yes, he did. He confessed that he liked me." I admitted.

Damien's face went dark for a second.

"And... What'd you say?" Damien curiously asked.

"I said that it wouldn't work, since we wouldn't see each other after this vacation." I explained.

Damien sighed in relief, earning a confusing look from me.

"Why're you sighing in relief?"

"Uh... No reason..."

I could've pushed the topic further, but I didn't.

"Well, anyway, you want to go on some rides?"

"Sure! Your wish is my command!" Damien said while getting on one knee, and bowing his head.

I giggled at this cute action.

"Then let's go, my faithful servant." I commanded.

Damien then stood up, and together we walked around to go on more rides.

***

"Well, that sure was fun. And now that the group meeting is over, we can go back and visit Cameron." I stated.

Damien seemed disappointed to hear that.

"Do we have to? Do we have to go back to Cameron? That's so much walking!"

"I thought you were Mr. Athlete. What happened to that fighting spirit?"

Damien didn't seem to have an answer for that.

"Just as I thought. So, let's go!" I instructed, before leading Damien to our room.

... No way am I letting Damien lead us and end getting us lost...

Once we had found our way back to the building, we headed back to our rooms.

I told Damien that I wanted to have a little bit of time to myself before checking up on Cameron. Damien seemed okay with that.

When I entered my room, my dad wasn't in there.

He's been spending a lot of time with Emily. I mean, I guess that's understandable. He's going to be marrying her soon. But still... I'm his daughter... Shouldn't we be spending time as a whole family?

I then collapsed on my bed, allowing for the comfortable bed to capture me as its prisoner.

I closed my eyes, and decided that it couldn't hurt to take a short nap.

And so, I did.

I'm sorry for taking so long to update! I've been having motivational issues with my stories, but I'm planning to make a schedule so that we can have a proper updating system. Well, enough about me. Hope you're enjoying the story. Later! =^-^=