Chapter Nine

Still Dannys pov:

When I opened my eyes I immediately closed them again. The room was too bright. There were lamps in every corner of the room. And the white walls didn't make it better, it just made the light even brighter.

I rubbed my eyes and had to squint to see anything. I sat up from the floor I was currently laying on. My back cracking from the uncomfortable position. Then I looked around to observe my surroundings. Everything was white and looked really...Fluffy? It kinda looked like I was surrounded by pillows. Even the floor was soft. Mental room? When I remembered the situation I was in, I stood up which made me wobble a bit. It seems like I was still dizzy from the sedative.

The room was uncomfortably quiet, it was like I almost could hear my own heart beating.

"So you are awake? Good." I heard a voice say behind me, I harshly turned around, just to be met by no one. I Looked around to see if there were any speakers anywhere, but didn't see any. Either I had hit my head or I had already lost my mind.

"Where are you?" I asked. Eyes searching everywhere.

"Right here, Danny." The voice said and a man suddenly appeared in front of me. I yelped as I stumbled down onto the floor. His sudden appearance scared the shit out of me.

"My, My, someone is an easy scared one." The white/gray-haired man said with a smug look. His hair was in a low ponytail and he was wearing a black suit. Somehow I recognize this man, but couldn't remember from where...

"W-Who are you!?" I asked, half sitting on the floor.

"Sorry for not introducing myself, I'm Vlad Masters. The one in charge here." Vlad answered and my eyes widened. I had heard that name before.

"You!" I screamed at him.

"Me?"

"Yes, you! I know who you are! You are the one who made Phantom into an experiment." I added, standing up. Phantom had told me about Vlad, but the weird thing is that I have seen this man before...

"I saved his life." Vlad defended. Putting his hands behind his back.

"No! You told his parents he died. You lied to him and his parents. You're a monster!" I spat. My anger rising, pushing away my curiosity. This man made me sick.

"He would have died anyway, so I had the best opportunity to both save him and test my theories out." The older man said as if it were obvious. He looked down at me rubbing his chin and then smiled.

"You're sick." I stated and looked away. Vlad's stare was starting to burn holes in my skin. I was tempted to hit him just to make that smile and stare disappear. It must be something wrong with that man. He looked mad. Creepy smile, and eyes that told you nothing. Usually, I could read people's expressions, but Vlad's face told me nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"Hmm, you think so?" Vlad hymned, taking a step forward. I wanted to stay put, to show him that he didn't scare me, but when he went into my personal space I snapped and pushed him back.

"Stay the fuck away from me, you sick fruitloop!" I yelled at him. I could feel some kind of rush in my body, very likely adrenaline. But something that was weird, was that my eyes burned for some seconds and I could see very clearly. And not only that, did I just growl?

Vlad looked shocked, eyes wide and mouth slightly open. I was happy that I had succeeded to get rid of his smirk. But soon again Vlad smiled again and laughed.

"That's interesting." He said, looking at me in astonishment. His smile was even bigger now. I stepped back, suddenly feeling uneasy.

"I was thinking of using you to make Phantom listen to me for once, but now I have other reason too." He added, staring at me.