Chapter 19:- Stand by Me

Rugved POV

After getting at hospital gate I went get off from taxi; without waiting much I rushed towards reception, my mind was become numb , " mam, my mom is admitted here can you tell me room no." I was unable to gather my words what to ask her, standing near reception desk resting my both hands on it. When a hand came from my back and rested on my right hand following voice, "Mrs. Neha k. Accident case near airport road." Without looking behind I nodded with that voice glaring at receptionist.

"Ohh, that patient is taken towards Operation Theater at second floor..." Without letting receptionist complete her sentence we dash towards Operation Theater. Some police was standing outside of operation theater unit, I reach towards its door wanted to see my mom badly and know her condition.

"Excuse me mister, may I know how you are?" A hand came on my shoulder and asked,

"Sir, sorry he is son of the patient admitted in Operation Theater. Sir Can we asked how this happened?" The same voice replied.

"And who are you to ask this?" Police asked

"I .... I am his wife. Can please explain what happen?"

"According to witness, your mother's car was waiting at signal, when a car came from other sight with full force and dash into your mother's car." Police was

"What happen to that person? Why he was driving so recklessly?"

"Don't worry we have arrested that person, but he is not at fault as his car's break was failed due to which he was unable to control the vehicle. After inspecting the car we come into this conclusion. That person is also in Operation Theater. You should be thankful to that person, if he didn't take risk to turn the car in that situation also, your damage may have gotten worse."

While she was asking everything I was standing at door of Operation Theater like a small child, my worlds are frizzed seeing mom in this situation. Hearing that whole story I knelled down on floor, trying to control my tears. No matter how much stronger I become, but mom is still my weakness, lost power of my knees when two arm come from behind and patted my shoulders.

We heard door opened, doctor come out from Operation Theater looking for patients relative. He was about in his early 30's, soon we rushed towards him, "Doctor how is she? She is okay?"

He kept his hand on my shoulder and smiles genuinely, his smile itself a motivation felt to my heart, "calm down, operation was successful but this night is very important if she get through this night, we can assure she is out of danger then we need to wait until patient wake up to get exact idea of her health. Don't worry, she will be fine... by the way please complete all the formalities now, since it was emergency we didn't wait for you to come and took patient for operation."

"Thank you so much doctors... my mom is my life, I don't know what I will do if something happens to her..." I folded my hand in front of him, for me his is like a god itself.

"No need of thanks ... its our duty...in while we will shift patient to room, you can visit her then ..." he smiled and went away.

I needed to keep my patience till morning... after doing all formalities I sat on bench outside of room holding my head in both of my hand. At first I didn't know where Adhira was, I heard her Aai-Baba also, actually it was my first time something happen like this. From very start till now mom was always healthy person, she always took care of her body and also made me heath freak. Her having a fever is also big case for me but nothing like this happen before. Adhira's parents were very supportive specially her Baba, what is perk of having dad I realize at that moment. But the most important part of that night was having Adhira by my side, when I become weak she took control of all formalities and doctors suggestions, precautions and everything.