Chapter 10 - The Passionate Kiss.

Nathan Lawrence

" I will drive by my own." I told my driver who's waiting for me near the car.

"Okay, sir. " he give me the car key and I got into my car.

Now, I'm on the way to the dinner party and I wore a dark tuxedo with a matching white shirt yet a small black bow tie collared my shirt. I give my key to the valet at the entrance and he took it politely.

I entered the dinner hall and make my way to the host of the event. We greeted each other and he insisted me to join the dinner. I excused myself for sometime as I started to wander around to find any of my colleague and I bumped onto Jen.

"Hey, Jen." I greeted her with a smile and her eyes came to meet mien.

"Hello, sir. " she murmured and started blushing profusely.

Oh, huh. I hope I don't effect her in 'that' way so I quickly looked away. In attempt to avoid from any more awkwardness, I diverted the situation by asking, "How do you get here? "

But her gaze was still on me as if she didn't want to pull away. She is studying me intentionally and I noticed that she's nearly as red as a tomato.

"Are you here? " I snapped my fingers on her sight and she wiggled as she came back to reality.

She began to blush again and all I could do is to take a sigh. What's happening with her now?

"Hurmm..I came here with Miss Ishita, actually. " she said with shyness clearly radiating on her face.

I freezed on my spot at the mention of her name. The first woman that made me feel like a caveman.

The day when she said that she doesn't like me near her haunted my brain again and I found myself becoming dull day by day by that fact. I know that she's not like those girls that hungrily yearns for my attention but I...I thought that she like me personally.

Her body language accepted my closeness on our first day in my room or so I thought, but I swear if she stopped or even hit me on the first place, I won't be expecting this much pain now.

But the moment when she said that she doesn't like me being this close to her, I completely drown in affliction as I stood blankly tgere. Why is this woman affecting me so badly? She's just different and simple from other women but why do I found myself fascinating her? Maybe because of those black shiny eyes.

"Sir, are you here? " Jen asked me this time and now I came back to reality.

"Ya, I'm here. So...where is she? " I asked hesitatingly for her whereabout.

"Why? " she asked and for some reason her face turned down.

"No, I just wanna know why you are alone when she's here. " I said while running my fingers through my hair.

"Relax, sir. She's right over there only. " she said and smiled while pointing over my shoulder.

I turned around and I saw her. Standing there elegantly like goddess in an elegant saree and a big designed earrings that matches her amazing attire.

She glittered like a shining star among everyone here and I even noticed some women looking her with jealousy. Though, the guys were drooling over her glances but she stood there confidently without bothering any of their gazes while talking to a man. She's smiling over him and I, for some reason got stiffen. My hand came on a fist and I took a breath to relief my rising fury.

She started to look around after smiling for whatever he said and our eyes met. I missed her gaze. I missed her smell. I missed her even if its only 3 days.