Novanus Prophecus

We walked into a large room. Scarlet tiles adorned the floor, pillars intricately carved with runes stretched from the floor to the ceiling, and mosaics depicting Dragons glowed on the ceiling. There wasn't any visible light source, despite the room being well-lit.

"Where does the light come from?" I asked.

"Magic," Eternity said simply.

"Oh," I said. "Right. The shit you still haven't explained to me."

"That wasn't funny," Eternity said, though I could tell she was trying to hold back a laugh. Well, maybe not a laugh, more a snort, but still - mission accomplished. A few moments later, we reached a large, gold-ordained door. Eternity held up one hand, and a sheet of orange light formed in front of her face, with a bunch of different stuff on it - a holographic screen? I wasn't sure. For the millionth time that day. She swiped through a few tabs, then pressed a blue button that sat off in the left corner of the screen. A humming sound accompanied the button's pressing, and the twin gold doors slowly slid open before us.

The room was massive and extravagant. On the walls there were different glass windows leading into red velvet-padded cases for various objects, and at the back of the room was a huge throne made of a deep green metal I'd never seen before. Set in the heart of the throne was a glowing blue jewel.

"Welcome to the throne room of the Cosmic God of Dragons," Eternity said. "Please, try not to break something."

"What happens if I do?"

"Oh, that depends on the object. If you broke that Mythrite model of the MFS Supernova," She pointed to a small model of what looked like a starship to the left. "You'd be incinerated. If you broke that vase over there," She pointed to a supremely ugly vase off to the right of the massive room. "I'd give you two billion credits."

.    .    .

"Eternity," A rumbling voice said from behind us, eliciting a very unmanly scream, a jump, and a second scream from me. "Wow, you're high-strung," I whirled to see who'd spoken, but. I couldn't tell what it was; all I could see was a mountain of scarlet red scales in front of me. I looked up and nearly screamed again, but Eternity's hand clamped over my mouth. Her fingers were cool against my skin, and the hair on my arm stood up as she did so.

"Eldernova," She said. "Do not scream at the God of Dragons."

I finally registered what I was seeing above me: a colossal Dragon, in the flesh.

He had deep crimson scales with intricate white lines moving through them. His mighty talons were like greatswords, silver and razor-sharp. His head was larger than my entire body, with a.... Well, mane of horns atop his skull. His fangs glittered perfect white - which confused me, I was under the impression Dragons didn't brush their teeth - and his eyes looked like swirling galaxies and nebulas, little pieces cut from the cosmos above. Spines ran down his back, and though his titanic wings were folded behind him, I could see their membranes, splashes of starlight blazing across them. I wondered if that had any connection to how Eternity had described him as a 'Cosmic God'. Given the logic she used - though I'd only begun to understand it - that seemed the most likely possibility.

My expression must've been priceless, because Eternity started giggling as she removed her hand from my mouth.

"W-would I be correct in assuming you are Celestys?" I stuttered nervously.

"You would," the Dragon told me. "What I'd like to know is what you were doing on Esplaktar - sorry, Horizon, in your language - seemingly without any knowledge of the Multiverse."

"Um," I said, gathering my wits. I proceeded to explain my story, how Earth had crumbled to ash all around us, how we'd flown among the stars searching for a new home, how I'd gone into the jungle to begin mapping the island, how I'd met Eternity, and how I'd arrived on Celestia.