Chapter 7

(Name) walked downstairs and found Jake watching TV. For a moment (Name) frowned at the TV but didn't quite know why. She made her way over to Jake and sat down. He was watching Ben 10.

"Morning (Name)!" Jake slightly looked away from the TV to greet his sister but quickly turned back to his show.

"Good morning Jake!" (Name) smiled at her little brother as he got excited when Ben Tennyson defeated the alien enemy with his cousin and grandfather. (Name's) attention was soon stolen as Aunt Mary walked in with freshly cut daisies.

"Hi Aunt Mary!" (Name) bounced up and made her way over to her aunt. Her aunt looked surprised as she saw (Name) walking over to her.

"Oh... (Name) I thought you were supposed to be back later on today. Did everything go alright with your friends?" Aunt Mary sounded concerned. (Name) didn't know what she was talking about.

"What are you talking about? I've been here the entire time."

"... You left yesterday evening though." Aunt Mary placed the flowers down and came closer to (Name), "Are you alright honey?"

"I am..." (Name) struggled to find an excuse, she really doesn't remember leaving last night and seeing Aunt Mary this worried made her feel bad.

"Things just didn't work out as planned, that's all." She gave her aunt a smile and walked off to her room.

Aunt Mary was left standing there, she looked over to Jake, "Jake, do you remember (Name) coming home last night?"

Jake stopped what he was doing. He thought about it and his mouth kept closing and opening as he couldn't find the right words to say.

"Not really... I was asleep last night, remember?" He giggled at the end as he turned off the TV and ran off to play outside.

Aunt Mary was once again left standing there. She moved to the flowers and placed them in a vase as she mumbled to herself, "Those children," and shook her head while smiling lightly.

(Name) was on her phone, scrolling through posts on Facebook and Instagram. She laughed whenever she saw something funny and scoffed at the drama that her friends made for themselves. She needed no more drama in her life. That's when (Name) heard a funny noise. It sounded like snickering.

She looked up from her phone and gasped when she saw the guy from her house here. Memories came rushing back and she felt like fainting, but something told her otherwise. (Name) backed up to the headboard of her bed and held a pillow close to herself, as if the pillow would create distance between - from now what she remembers as - Ben and her.

"Relax, I'm not here to hurt you." Ben flopped down on the edge of (Name's) bed, making himself at home.

"T-Then why are you here?! Why can't you just leave me alone?!" (Name) shouted but Ben began shushing her.

"If you don't shut up then I'll have no problem making you shut up." (Name) closed her mouth quickly and squeezed the pillow.

"That's better, can I go on without you talking now?" Ben smirked at (Name) as she nodded her head quickly.

"Good, to answer your two questions, I'm here because I have a message for you and I won't leave you alone because we have a deal." A twisted look crossed Ben's face as he watched (Name's) eyes widen and turn pale.

Seeing as (Name) was still quiet, he continued, "Meet me at the park at 10 pm tonight," (Name) was about to protest, "Ah! I'm not done!"

(Name) threw the pillow at Ben's face and glared at him. Ben scowled at her and threw the pillow back.

"Damn woman..." Ben muttered.

"What was that?!"

"Nothing... as I was saying, if you don't show up, then your little brother's life is at stake. You decide."

(Name) glared more at Ben. She knew if she refused then Jake would be taken away from her. That was something (Name) wasn't going to stand for. She could protest all she wanted but Ben wouldn't care. She could try and fight but - now that the events of last night have returned - that would be pointless since he would win. She was at a loss and so she nodded her head in agreement.

"Fine I'll be there but if YOU are late, then I'm going home!"

Ben chuckled, "Baby I'm never late when I have plans for someone."

(Name's) face turned red. She wasn't too happy that she was blushing from that statement.

"This is my enemy! Remember (Name), this is my enemy!" She repeated over and over inside her head until the blushing subsided.

Ben flashed her a smirk and got up, "In that case, I'm outta here. See you on the field shortstop!~"

He gave her a wink and with that, he seemed to have poof out of her room. Now if only he could poof out of her life, then things would be just peachy.

(Name) let out a loud groan as she covered her eyes with her hands.

"What am I going to do? Stupid me... stupid revenge plan." (Name) groaned.

If she hadn't had went through with her plan, this wouldn't be happening now, Jake wouldn't be threatened like this, and things could have moved on. (Name) was now regretting her life decisions. What had she gotten herself into?

Sitting here whining about it wasn't going to help. (Name) realized another problem, what was she going to tell Aunt Mary now? This made (Name) want to bang her head against the wall.

A thought crossed (Name's) mind. Maybe if she moved into a dorm at the college she's attending, then she could easily come and go as she pleases without being questioned. This sounded like a brilliant idea to (Name). After tonight, she would be getting ready to find a dorm and hope she could get one. Leaving Jake will be the hardest thing, but if it keeps him from ever interacting with Ben, then so be it.

(Name's) phone snapped her out of her thinking. An unknown number was calling. (Name) picked it up from out of curiosity.

(Name): Hello?

Unknown: Hey (Name)!~

(Name): Oh God, why are you calling me Ben?! This is not part of the deal! Not only that, how the hell did you get my number?!

Ben: Relax, I'll explain later over dinner. Dress nice.

(Name): What? Dinner? That's not part of the deal either.

Ben: (sighing) Just do it, I'll explain later.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

With that the call ended, leaving (Name) frustrated and curious.

"Dinner... with my enemy, how wonderful." (Name) mumbled to herself.

At least now she had an excuse to tell Aunt Mary tonight. That probably means telling her now before she makes dinner for three. Groaning, (Name) got up and left her room, slightly slamming her door shut as she made her way to tell Aunt Mary.

A/N - If you liked this chapter, please vote and comment your feedback! It is really appreciated and I am always looking for help to grow as an author! Thank you so much!