6 Months Later

Jordan and I have fallen into a pattern of events within the past couple of months. I don't know how were going to continue to last. If we do, that is.

Every morning I wake up an hour before Jordan. I make breakfast and we eat together. He leaves for work at the restaurant, since he don't want me to work, something about 'feeling less of a man'. I clean the house, take a nap, finish the chores, and start dinner. Dinner is on the table by 6. We eat for an hour and then I clean everything back up while Jordan is in the shower. When he gets out, I get in. By the time I get out, Jordan is fast asleep.

We hardly kiss anymore. We haven't had sex in weeks. We don't do anything together anymore. We hardly even talk.

Actually, I don't talk to anyone anymore. Jordan always says that it's Brody and gets mad. Poor Abigail thinks I'm ignoring her. She tells me she's worried about me. I asked about Brody and she told me she hasn't heard from him since Jordan came back.

Jordan doesn't like any of my friends. He doesn't like Abigail and he especially doesn't like Tracey. Jordan says that Tracey stares at me, when I can tell you now that he only has eyes for his wife.

My phone ringing shakes me out of my thinking. I grab it in a hurry and click answer.

"Hello?" I answer.

"It's me. Brody." I hear him say.

"Brody, if Jordan comes home and finds me on the phone with you, it won't be pretty." I say as I look at the clock.

"I miss you. I haven't talked to you since he came back." He says softly.

"Brody, I can't do this." I say as my eyes fill with tears.

"I know Emma. I just needed to know your okay."

"I'm okay. I promise."

"Does he let you out of the house?"

"Brody I choose to stay in."

"Bullshit. You worked so hard for everything you have. You hate staying in."

"Brody I have to go. He'll be home any moment now."

"Okay Emma. I love you." He says and I hear the phone beep, telling me the call was ended.

I sit my phone down and start fixing Jordan and my plates. I set them on the table gently and sit down as the clock strikes 6. He'll walk in the door in 5.

4.

3.

2.

1.

And........

Nothing. The door doesn't budge.

Maybe he had a busy day and was still cleaning up.

So I sit and wait.

And wait.

When I hear the clock strike again, I know that it's 7. I stand up in frustration. I clear the table and put away the food. I do what dishes I have and clean the kitchen.

I hear the clock strike again.

"8 o'clock and can't be bothered to call." I say angrily.

I grab my phone and click on Jordan's number. It rings a few times before someone answers.

"You better have a good explanation as to why your 2 hours late Jordan Alexander Brown." I say fast.

"Ma'am I'm sorry but some guy handed me this phone a few hours ago. He told me to keep it. I'll give it back. I swear." The man says defensively.

"Was this man pretty tall, tan skin, brown hair and eyes?" I ask.

"Yeah! I think his name was Jordan too! Maybe that's what his shirt said." He rambles.

"Was it a bright orange shirt with.." I start before I'm interrupted.

"It had some restaurants name on it. You know the southern cooking one!" the man gushes.

"Which way did he go?"

"Towards his car. He left the parking lot and headed west maybe."

"Thank you." I say before hanging up.

I call Abigail and wait for her to answer.

"Hey honey is everything okay?" she answers.

"Um, Jordan took off. I don't know really how I should feel or if I should go after him. I mean he has my car Abi and I need my car. He has all my keys too. I guess I need help finding him." I ramble.

"Well Brody and I will be over soon." She says.

"Abigail um if we find Jordan then he's not gonna want to see Brody."

"Well Tracey is out of town for work and we kinda need a guy with us Em."

"Fine. I'm ready when y'all are. Just come on up and well make a plan." I finally say.

"Okay. I love you. Be over soon." Then Abigail hangs up.

What has Jordan gotten himself into?