#Flashback 2

Nazmeera entered the coffee shop all ready to order when she saw Yumnah wave at her and she smiled waving back.She saw Yumnah lift a cup and her smile widened,her newest friend had remembered her preference.She made her way to the table and Yumnah stood up to hug her.

"As salaam mu alaykum Nazmeera."

"Wa alaykum mu salaam Yumnah." Yumnah gestured for her to take a seat and once she did,Yumnah pushed the cup towards her.

"Your coffee." Nazmeera thanked her and brought the cup up,taking a small sip.

"Jazakallah.How you feeling today?" Yumnah shrugged,"Good,can't complain."

Nazmeera felt her stomach turn as she took another sip,"Excuse me." Yumanah watched worriedly as Nazmeera rushed towards the bathroom and she got up to go follow her.

Nazmeera bent over the toilet bowl,emptying her guts and she felt someone move away her scarf,while the person's other hand rubbed her back.

Nazmeera pulled back,"Nazmee you okay?" Nazmeera nodded her head,she tried to stand up when she was hit by a wave of dizziness,"Careful."

Yumnah helped her to the sink and Nazmeera cringed at her reflection,"Gosh,I'm so sorry you had to see me like that Yumnah.This has been happening since the past few days."

Yumnah nodded her head,understandingly, "Don't apologize.Can I ask something?" Nazmeera nodded as she leaned down to wash out her mouth.

"Are you by any chance pregnant?" Nazmeera went still at Yumnah's question.Could it be?But she was on the contraceptive?

Her mind back tracked to her last time with Hamza and she gasped as she stood up.Her eyes filled with tears and she covered her mouth to muffle her sobs.

Yumnah saw the broken look on Nazmeera's face and turned her around,wrapping her friend in a hug.This was probably killing her friend.

"Nazmeera do you think you are?" Nazmeera pulled back and tried to remember when was she supposed to have her last period before nodding her head unsurely.

"My periods late by three weeks and this has been a constant for about the same period.Maybe I am.Yumnah," Nazmeera looked up at her friend with an unsure expression,"What if I am?I can't got back.I can't.... "

Yumnah wrapped her arms around Nazmeera again,"Shhhh I'll help you figure it out.Let's go get a pregnancy test,maybe it's just a false alarm."

Nazmeera nodded and the two of them made their way out of the coffee café.Nazmeera held Yumnah's hand in a bid for some support which Yumnah lend to her without any complaints.She would not let her got though this alone.

They entered a nearby pharmacy and Yumnah led her to through the aisles before they came across the pregnancy tests.Yumnah grabbed a few and they made their way to the counter to pay.Nazmeera moved to take out money but Yumnah stopped her.

"No I'll pay."

"But Yumnah...." Yumnah glared at Nazmeera and smiled,gently.

"If you consider me a sister and a friend you'll let me pay." Nazmeera bit the inside of her cheek and nodded as tears filled her eyes.

Yumnah paid and they made their way to her car.Yumnah drove in silence to Nazmeera's apartment block which they reached in ten minutes.They got off and Nazmeera could feel her heart beat faster and her palms start sweating.She took deep breaths and tried calming herself by reciting Surah Fatiha.

Nazmeera unlocked the apartment door and they entered.Yumnah held out the pregnancy tests which she took and went to the bathroom.

Fifteen minutes later she sat on the couch her hands in Yumanh's.