○ SIXTEEN ○

○ SIXTEEN ○

"What are we doing here?" I asked as Matt pulled up into a parking spot.

I glanced at the huge lights that filtered down onto the football field and I could hear the cheering from here. "Going to watch the football of course" he said, giving me a cocky smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at him as he climbed out. Following him, he led me to the entrance way. Our school battled against another and our students went wild as our team scored.
"No Matt, tell me exactly what we're doing" I said, crossing my arms.

"Don't be a baby Shels, follow me" he said chuckling.

I sighed as he took my hand and led me behind the bleachers. I winced as our school cheered again. Matt was leading me to the locker room.

"Matt! I can't go in there!" I hissed, pulling on Matthew's arm.

He laughed. "Chill, they're all on the field" he replied, pushing open the doors and leading me inside.

Nerves clenched at me. "Oh my God, I'm so going to die" I whispered.

Matthew rolled his eyes. "Quick steal their clothes!" He exclaimed as he let go of my hand.

I gasped. "Matt no!" I exclaimed back.

He turned around to face me. A grin across his face. "Scared? Afraid to break a rule?" he asked, totally coaxing me to break a rule.

I growled. "I'll show you who's scared" I replied, totally falling for it.

I ran to the nearest locker, grabbing the bunch of clothes in there before running to the next. Matt let out a laugh before doing the same.

I stuck out my leg as Matt ran past and he fell. He gasped as he looked up at me from in the floor. "You're a cheat" he said throwing a shirt at me.

I caught it and threw it back.

"Who's in here!" A voice called out.

I looked at Matt in horror who returned the look. "Every man for himself" he whispered before making a dash for the gym door.

"Matt!" I whisper yelled.

A flash light beam swept across the room, catching me as I dropped all the clothes in my hand. "Oh God, my mother is going to kill me" I whispered.

"Well well well, look who it is, tell me Miss Shelby McGraw, what business do you have in the men's locker room?" a voice asked.

I shielded my eyes from the torchlight as they walked nearer. The person pointed the flashlight up and I gulped. Henry King grinned at me.

"I uh got lost" I lied, still shielding my eyes.

"Shelby, we have had the same classes for 18 years, I think we both know that you are not lost" he said, his smile widening.

"We have?" I asked, not even knowing this information.

Henry rolled his eyes. His eyes swept the ground, the pile of clothes at my feet. "So? Going to steal our clothes were we?" He asked, inching closer.

My palms started to sweat. "No" I lied again.

"Tut tut, you truly are awful at lying" he said, tilting his head.

He reminded me of a lion watching his prey. That made me the prey. I swallowed. "Please just let me go" I said, dropping my arm.

Henry frowned. "And why should I do that?" He asked, walking closer still.

"Because you're a nice person, and I've done nothing wrong!" I exclaimed.

I heard cheering as a bell sounded. "Oh, that's the end of the game" Henry said, grinning.