Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Dead Nettle

Dead Nettle

The front door of the house smashes into the wall as The Boss storms outside. I unlock my car and peer over my shoulder. Our gaze meets as he takes his car keys from his pocket. A chill coils down my spine as he yanks open his car door.

He climbs into the driver's seat and the engine rumbles to life. He reverses out and tears down the road. I slump against my car and sigh. We haven't spoken since the scissor incident and it's weird.

I pull the door open and slide behind the wheel. I've been paranoid because Austin is like dead nettle, and I'm sure he'll poison The Boss against me.

How long until Austin's lies sound convincing? Stabbing Austin with scissors would be something I could live with because I'd always chose myself over him. There's just something not right about him or this situation.

I haven't been allowed near a harvest shift, but Austin isn't sporting any new injuries or bruises, which only happened after I told the leader to take double. Perhaps Austin owed money to someone and what he was taking wasn't enough?

Is the leader the one beating Austin? Or is he just watching over him? They're on the same side, but what role Austin has in all this is another question I can't answer.

With a sigh, I place the car in reverse and roll down the driveway. A removalist truck parks adjacent to the driveway and a man climbs out. He crosses the street and stops beside my car. I roll the window down and tug on a smile.

"Hi, is Joseph or Austin here?"

"Austin is around the back. Does he know you're coming?"

"Yes."

"Okay." I frown.

He strides ahead while I park back on the driveway.

Is Joseph the leader? Austin and Pebbles never mentioned moving plants. Something isn't right.

I grip the steering wheel and nibble my lip. I should leave because The Boss said to leave it alone, except I have a burning need to know what's happening. What if Austin is planning on stealing the plants and I didn't do anything?

Taking a deep breath, I push my car door open and wander to the back of the house. I pry the door open and hurry down the ladder. Austin and the other guy, who are both standing near the plants, turn to stare.

"What are you doing here?" Austin crosses his arms and glares.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to grab something."

"Hurry up because I don't need you getting in the way."

"Sure, I'll be quick!" I smile.

I wander to the bedroom and bite my lip. I should have brought something like my phone.

"Hurry up," he snaps.

"Just another second."

I swipe a vanilla candle from the desk and wander to the ladder. The door opens and two men climb down. My stomach knots because the leader smiles and I grimace.

"The Bleeding Heart, I didn't know you would be here."

"What the hell did you call her?"

The man frowns at Austin.

"Shut up, Austin, it's none of your business."

"You shut your fucking mouth." Austin spits. "Now answer my question, what did you call her?"

"The Bleeding Heart."

"Why did you call her that?" Austin glares.

"It's none of your business." I turn to the ladder.

icon lock

Show your support for Stephy, and continue reading this story

by Stephy
@xFakingaSmilex
While falling in love with a drug kingpin, Tikera must prove she can...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 61 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @xFakingaSmilex.