•لا حاصل •

مجھ سے پہلی سی محبت میرے محبوب نہ مانگتیری صورت سے ہے عالم میں بہاروں کو ثباتتیری آنکھوں کے سوا دنیا میں رکھا کیا ہے؟

تیری صورت سے ہے عالم میں بہاروں کو ثبات
تیری آنکھوں کے سوا دنیا میں رکھا کیا ہے؟

                        \\\\\\\\
Mirha was wiping the kitchen counter dressed in an old pair of worn black teal shalwar kameez, her hair tied in a low bun beneath her dupatta. The servants in the Shah Villa rarely wore uniforms, their house was managed in the exact way it was years ago when their Dadi got married here. Like old havelis their house had been renovated from the inside but somethings were still hinting at the rich history of it.

The two sisters were employed here for taking care of Dadi, her health had been deteriorating and she needed care day and night. The old woman was very strict but she liked the new girls hence, was a little lenient.

Minal was sitting on the table, cutting some fruit for Dadi when Shehryaar strode into the kitchen, leisurely looking around.

Minal stood up upon his entry, her eyes twinkling.
"Asslam-o- Alaikum Shehryaar bhai."

Mirha was frozen, her back towards him, her head dipping lower as she continued to work in hopes of hiding herself.

Shehryaar brought a smile upon his lips, tilting his head forward a little in his well-known manner. It was the same smile that he blessed everyone he met daily but then, his smile was actually reaching his eyes as he answered with kindness,
"Wa-Alaikum Aslam. Kesi hain aap, beta?"
(How are you, kiddo?)

His eyes averted towards Mirha involuntarily for a second but they were back on Minal before she or even he could even notice.

Minal replied with enthusiasm,
"Bilkul theek!"
(Very good.)

"Did you recieve the stuff I sent for you yesterday?"

"Yes, I went to look for you but you were not home. Thank you very much!"

"Koi baat nahi. Koi masla hau tau mjhey batana, theek hai?"
( No problem. Tell me if you have any problem okay?)

He placed his hand on her head to pat her and then turned around, leaving the kitchen just like he entered it.

Minal glared at Mirha when she sighed and turned around, like she was defrosted.
"Tumney kiyun thank you nahi bola?" Buri baat hai, Mirha!"

Mirha shushed her little sister, her being still feeling that expensive, untouchable and a far away scent.

There was still a little tremble in her hands and her heart, she knew he remembered her at least because he had sent the gifts for both of them. But why did he always ignore her presence? Since they arrived, he hadn't even talked to her once but would talk to Minal like she was his little sister or a child.