•جلوہِ عروسی•

ہماری تڑپ تو کچھ بھی نہیں وقار
ان کے دیدار کو تو آینے ترستے ہیں

                      ////////

  When Mirha woke up in the morning, she was flustered and entirely confused to find herself in his bed. She immediately stood up after seeing that Shehryaar was sleeping on a chair, despite being dizzy.

Rubbing her cold toes nervously, she eyed him for any movement. He was sleeping for sure, head thrown back on the large plush chair, his tie hanging lose around his neck. Mirha gulped, mind wandering over last night. She took a deep breath in, immediately running towards to the door to leave before he woke up.

She closed the door behind her silently, flinching as it ticked when it closed and turned around, suddenly all colour leaving her face.

In front of her, right in the lobby stood Feraya Shah talking to a servant. She had turned to look at Mirha with confusion, then shock and finally anger. Red, hot anger.
She assessed Mirha's form, the red dress, the open hair and the lipstick which was a little smudges now. Clothes rumpled, cheeks flushing, eyes looking like she had just woken up from sleep.

" Kya kar rahi thi tum meray betay k kamray mey? Ghatiya larki!"
( What were you doing in my son's room? You cheap woman!)

Mirha's lips trembled, eyes wide as she tried to speak but in vain as Feraya clutched her by her shoulders.

" You cheap little whore, I couldn't even imagine you were hiding such a snake behind your innocent face. How did you seduce my son? huh?"

Mirha was crying now as more servants gathered and the Lady continued to berate her, insult her and strip her of her dignity. Her whole life, she had never even imagined an incident like this and now that it was occurring, she didn't have any idea what to say. She was too scared, shocked to do something, to even let out an word. Her mind was still too naive to understand the severity of the situation.

" I knew I should have never let him keep you and your sister here, but gold diggers had done your magic on him! How dare you, to step foot in my house and seduce my son? How much money do you earn, by whoring yourself after you play the innocent accident card? Was that a lie?"

Her manicured nails were stabbing into Mirha's arms as she sobbed, not understanding how it all happened. Feraya was now yelling, concerned about her son when Faisal Shah, their father who had arrived a while ago quickly came to the lobby after hearing the voices.

"What is happening here?"

Feraya looked at her husband, a man nearing his old age yet still powerful, strong and healthy.

Feraya's eyes narrowed like a lioness ready to prey, she pushed Mirha in the middle of the lobby as the servants watched with their mouths open. No one had expected this from Mirha and her sister. They had seen the sister roaming around Sir Ahmed but Mirha? There were strict rules about servants meddling into the affairs of the family and specially mingling with the sons.

Hearing the noise, Ahmed who had just returned from jogging also came running, shocked.

" Look at her! Look at her and tell me, can you expect her to be a whore? This cheap, third class girl was in your son's room the whole night!"

Faisal Shah looked at his wife, shocked.
"Yey aap kesi batain kar rahi hain, begum? Kis tarhan k lafz aap ko zuban sey sun raha hun mey?"
( What kind of things are you saying, wife? What kind of word am I hearing from your lips?)