Hunt

Aprils POV

"Did he just say cousin or are my ears not functioning well?" Snow asks.

"I heard him say cousin as well." I tell her.

"So, you guys are his cousins huh? How?" I ask because they honestly look nothing alike.

Jason places the packed food on the dinner table and makes his way towards me, he seats next to me and intertwines our fingers together and I think I'm beginning to understand the saying " You can't fight the mate pull for long" because even the smallest touches send shivers down my spine.

"Finally!" Snow exclaims.

When I turn to look at Esmy who is now seated directly opposite from us she gives me a knowing look and wiggles her eyebrows suggestively,I feel my cheeks heat up and I instantly look away.

"Jakes father was my uncle." Jason says while grabbing the side of my face forcing me to look him in the eye.

"Oh right... If you want an apology from me for killing him then yo-" I'm cut off when he says:

" Let me finish for Goddess sake or else I'll kiss you." I see a flash of what looks like desire pass through his eyes.

I'm shocked by his words and for the first time I actually start wondering how it would feel to have his lips on mine. I feel myself hea-.

"Is this some kind of foreplay between you two? Cause if it is I'll gladly give you guys privacy." Esmy says breaking my train of thoughts.

"No... It's not.. I wont interrupt you again, continue." I say the last part to Jason. I'm surprised my voice came out strong because its so far from what I'm feeling.

"Jakes Father was my uncle and well he didn't really get along with my dad. He hated the fact that my mum was not an Alphas daughter or any other important person in the pack-"

"Must run in the family." I say then quickly put my hands on my mouth. Shit! I wasn't supposed to talk.

"I'm sorry. It just slipped." I say to him apologetically.

He just shrugs and continues :

"He kicked us out of the pack and considered Esmy and I as abominations to his blood line. We moved packs for quite some time until we settled here where Esmy found her mate." He gives Esmy a sad look then turns to look at me..

"What happened to your parents?" I can't help but ask. A dark look crosses his eyes and I instantly regret asking that, his whole posture changes from relaxed to tense and his hand tightens on mine.

"Maybe one day?" I ask after several minutes.

He nods and gets up to get the food.

"I would've left a long time ago but I couldn't leave without my food." Esmy says breaking the tension .

"Typical you." I say while rolling my eyes.

"Hey! Food is bae ❤ " She says defensively.

"No need to get defensive, I share your love for food too" I say smiling.

I can't believe we're talking and laughing after opening up so much about the past.

"I told you they'd never leave you." Snow says. "When do I get to see Shadow?"

"Soon Darling, soon." I tell her and she seems convinced because she goes silent.

"Before you go, what will we do about the threat?" I ask Esmy who had started getting up.

"If it's war they want, then it's war they'll get." She says seriously.

"You can't start a war because of me, I'll leave before they get he-" I'm unable to continue speaking because one minute I'm standing across from Esmy, the next I'm being pushed up against the wall by Jason. He pushes his nose into my hair and inhales my scent.

"Mate will never leave us, I will mark mate so that she doesn't leave." I don't know how exactly he changed so quickly but I'm now speaking with Shadow whose eyes are a brilliant yellow.

Wait a minute, did he say mark?

"No! You can't mark me, not now." I say.

"Mate does not want us , she doesn't want to bear our mark." He says to himself sadly and that right there is the most heartbreaking relationship related thing I've ever seen.

"No. Of course that's not the case.. I want you." I say before I can think and I reach out to cup his face and look directly into his eyes...... I'm too far gone into his eyes to realise the impact of what I just said.

"Really?" He asks like a kid in a candy store who's been told he can choose any candy he wants.

"Yes but only mark me when I'm ready." I state.

"I'll try. " He says and I know how difficult it must be for him to control himself.

Several minutes pass and I hear Jasons voice:

"Well, that was something huh?" He says.

"Yeah."

"Are you actually serious about leaving ?"

"Yes. I don't want to cause any trouble in your pack."

"I'll never let you go April and if and only IF you manage to run away, I will hunt you down to the last corners of the earth and bring you with me because that's where you belong,Right here with me." He says as he pulls me closer to him in a tight  embrace.

______________________________________________

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry I didn't update last week I had exams but I'm so glad they're over now, so updates will continue as usual.

CTI HAS BEEN RANKED #19 IN WEREWOLF AND IS IN THE HOT LIST ALL THANKS TO YOU AWESOME PEOPLE!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! ALSO, THANKS SO MUCH FOR 30K+ READS❤❤❤❤

Don't forget to vote, comment and share with your friends it means a lot when you do 💜

Next update on Saturday 💙

Love,

Alegna❤