CHAPTER 9 'REJECTION'

CHAPTER 9 *Unedited

'Rejection'

My body shook as my eyes watered. My body and my dull brown eyes were evolved to the tears. Tears were like an organ, something I couldn’t live without, and some thing my body couldn’t function without. 

He hurt me for so long and so much, but I couldn’t scar Zaisha’s mind, I couldn’t blow the words of anger upon her. Her fragile mind wouldn’t bear the pain the hate between her so call parents.

I looked down at Zaisha, as I internally cowered from Zayn’s icy blue eyes, which seemed to shoot daggers at my form. 

“Go upstairs, momma will come up as soon as she’s finished talking,” I said softly and nudged her towards the dining room door.

“Go find Mary,” She nodded without question and ran out of the room with her puffy red eyes bleeding wet tears which ripped at my heart.

My eyes return to his icy blue orbs. His hands were fisted.

“I said we were not done talking.” He growled at me closing the distance between us.

“Talk, I’m listening,” I shot him a glare.

“I wanted this talk in front of my daughter.”

 “Daughter?” The room filled with my dry laughter as my wet eyes locked on to his.

“What daughter Zayn, which daughter? In these five years name me one thing you’ve done for her,” I screamed. I had to let this out. 

“Don’t mock me. You’re in no position to speak and I’m your husband, lower your voice.” His voice shook and rose with every word.

Don’t play the respect card on me Zayn. Respect, my ass.

“You’re my husband? Zayn really. This marriage is fake, it’s all show, and you’ve never looked at me, never touched me and never spoken to me. Forget the husband act you couldn’t even help me or never even tried approaching me when I had a small child, which wasn’t even mine on my hands.” I screamed.

His body shook with raw intensity and shock from my words. 

“You think you lost everything? Zayn you never lost, you gained. After Malika’s death you had Zaisha, a walking reminder of her. But what did I gain from her death Zayn? Nothing, I… I always wanted a degree in psychology. I had a life before you. A life with friends, a normal life. This house, these four walls I see everyday I talk to are driving me mad.” My voice shook as my emotions let loose.

He stood still feeding from the words, which escaped my trapped and troubled mind.

“I’m so lonely Zayn, so lonely. I … Heck before you, before Malika’s death I had everything. I even had a man I loved, a man who would sell the world just for an inch of m happiness.” 

“But I left him, left him for you and your daughter…” The volume from my voice drained as tears slipped. 

He stood frozen, his eyes emotionless.

“You… you… he loved you?” His voice shook as he processed my words. 

“He loved me so much,” I gasped out as the pain once again filled my heart. I tried so hard to forget him, pushed the memories out. But he was there every night in my dreams expressing his love. 

Maybe unlike me today he’s a married man with many kids. A successful man.

“I…” His mouth hung open, and his eyes screamed with guilt as his hand fisted into his hair.