|06|

Leora awoke to the feeling of being moved. She groaned at the feeling of being jostled and shifted in Adams' arms. She was still in the same position leaned against his chest, and judging from the mild chatter and sound of the car door opening, she guessed that they had finally arrived at their destination.

The man kissed her forehead gently, murmuring against her head: "Go back to sleep."

He smiled when she snuggled back into his arms, settling back down. A small crowd had surrounded the car as soon as it pulled up. The chatter was audible from even before Adam stepped out with his mate in his arms, the Pack obviously excited to see their new Luna.

It was a good thing that she was asleep, if not she would have had to face the excited pack members; something he knew that she probably didn't want to do so soon. Especially not after being asleep on the car ride over.

The general hum of conversation, quietened at the sight of the Alpha carrying a woman in his arms. A few of the pack members tried to push through, or get closer in order to see the woman's face; anything to boast that they had some form of interaction with their new Luna.

Whilst Adam was overjoyed by the response of his pack, at that moment his main concern was Leora. The sleeping woman in his arms snuggled closer, with a small moan, as a small breeze blew; she was exhausted and needed to rest in a proper bed.

Adam looked to his Beta, who simply nodded in response, and began clearing a path for his Alpha to get through.

"The Luna needs rest, please make way!" The Beta called out to the crowd.

The pack allowed them through, slowly dispersing once Adam was quietly behind the closed doors of the pack house. Adam scaled several flights of stairs with an inhumane agility, Leora not once being jolted in her sleep.

He kicked open his bedroom door, carrying Leora to the bed like a bride to the large double bed in the centre of the room. He laid her down and she immediately curled into his pillow, sniffing his scent infused pillow.

Adam headed back downstairs to get his mate's belongings and address his eager pack members, leaving his mate to sleep.

***

When Adam had finished bringing his mates things into their room, Leora was starting to wake up properly.

He moved to sit beside her in the bed, stroking the skin on her arm; igniting the newly addictive tingles. Leora moaned at the sensation; the sound causing the beast within Adam to stir as his mind drifted to other activities that would elicit such sounds from her.

Leora opened her eyes, her world a spectrum of shadows and flares of light. She listened carefully to try to decipher where she was, she couldn't hear anything in particular, she couldn't feel Adam's fingers on her arm either- had Adam left her? Her guess was that she was in a bedroom since she had awoken on one of the most comfortable beds.

She sat up, her hands exploring the surface of the bed closest to her- it was one hell of a big bed.

"Looks like you're finally awake." Adams' voice came from somewhere off to her left.

"Adam?" Leora looked around as if she would be able to see him, she always forgot after she dreamed that she could no longer see. Perhaps that was part of the reason she had a love hate reaction to sleep; It was magical to be able to be normal again but it would always be a reminder of the one thing she had lost.

She let out a sigh and a quiet curse in frustration. She wasn't sure whether it was at herself, her handicap or just the general frustration of her mind tricking her again. Though she knew a lot of it was directed towards herself, she loathed herself for holding on to the hope that one day she would magically regain her sight once more. It was a foolhardy wish, this was real life and such miracles didn't happen in real life. Then again she was in a room with a werewolf- her soulmate no less. Still, she didn't want to give herself false notions of hope.