eleven

Nora grumbled words under her breath as she polished the goblets in McGonagall's class

Nora grumbled words under her breath as she polished the goblets in McGonagall's class. Teddy would occasionally glance at her as he polished the remainder of the goblets.

He didn't know if he should have been sad or angry at her. His grip on the goblet he was holding tightened. He wished he had the strength to deform it with his bare hand.

"Nora - "

She hummed questioningly.

Her back was turned to him. She made no move of turning around to correctly and directly speak to him. He wasn't exactly annoyed, because he knew that if she turned around, the words he wanted to say would get lodged in his throat.

"Why have you been avoiding me?"

She momentarily stopped polishing the goblet. "I... It wasn't on purpose, Teddy. We've just both been busy, is all. The full moon is approaching and I didn't want to bother you."

"That can't be it," he insisted. "Is it because of Fraser?"

Nora turned around. "What about him?"

Teddy licked his lips. "Have you got feelings for him? Were you truly simply playing with me?"

"No, I didn't... At first, perhaps," she admitted quietly. "I like flirting with certain people and you were just so cute and shy. Flirting with you was better than flirting with anyone else. And after our night together, I realized my mistake. I never meant to hurt you."

"Well, you did."

His hair turned red. Nora's eyes slightly widened. She had a feeling she knew what emotion that was.

"I don't like Fraser in the way you think I like him," she responded.

"That's not the point, Nora!" he angrily shouted.

She flinched at his sudden outburst. He slammed the goblet down onto the table and gripped the edge of the table with his hands, fingernails digging sharply.

"Then, what is the point? You've strung me along for years. Whatever this is, I want it to stop," Teddy demanded.

The truth was, he didn't want it to stop - not exactly. He didn't want her to string him along, but he still missed her. He shouldn't have, but he did.

"Do you really want it to stop?" she murmured quietly.

His mouth spat out words before his brain could even process it. "Yes."