eight ; radio waves

( SEASON SIX A ! )

( SEASON SIX A ! )

radio waves.

Harper didn't leave the jeep.

The amount of emotion it was giving off made it difficult for her to go back to class as Scott had done a couple of hours ago. Instead, she sat against it, her head resting on the baby blue metal while she did some of her homework.

Footsteps smacked against the floor as some people rushed over. Harper peered up at them, not surprised to see that it was Malia, Isaac, Lydia and Scott. She wore a confused expression as she stood up from the ground, dusting off the back of her mustard yellow sundress.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"There's a high pitched sound," Isaac announced, watching as the Empath only frowned deeper. "And it's coming from in that jeep."

Malia and Scott moved around to the door, peering inside at the radio that was releasing awful static noises sensitive to their ears. Harper bit down on her lip, watching as the werecoyote and the alpha exchanged glances.

"Did somebody just leave the keys inside?" Malia questioned as she tried to open the door only to realise that it was locked.

Lydia sighed, "break it."

Scott obeyed, holding onto the handle and pushing it down in one swift motion. Something inside snapped, allowing the door to be pulled open. Harper tried to get a close look at what was inside, the radio noise now filling her own ears.

Her heart practically leapt out of her chest when she heard Stiles' voice in her ears, "you're going to forget about me."

Harper squeezed her eyes shut for a second. Every time she heard his voice now it was like gaining a piece of home back, butterflies in her stomach fluttering without warning. She didn't hesitate to squeeze past her friends and into the passenger seat, looking around at anything left out. It was relatively tidy.

Scott, Isaac and Lydia climbed into the back while Malia sat in the driver's seat, holding the wheel and looking out front. Scott looked around in the back seats while Harper opened up the glove compartment and started to shuffle around.

Inside were old receipts, a cleaning rag and a couple of CDs. Nothing important. She fiddled through some of the papers, her fingertips brushing soft material. She pulled it out, revealing a mustard yellow scrunchie. Harper curled the hairband in her hand, frowning softly.

"Okay, let's just go around the parking lot, yeah?" Harper heard that familiar voice in her head once again and suddenly she was whisked away from all of her friends and sat in the front of the jeep.

The vehicle was empty, but Stiles' voice rang out as if he was sat in the seat beside Harper.

"When we go out onto the road, remember, we're gonna take a right turn. So, what does that mean?" Stiles' voice was gentle and soft, almost like he was teaching a toddler how to write their own name.