i. narnia

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
NARNIA

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄NARNIA

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

     Reagan was one for the adventure. She loved taking long walks through the forest near her house, although she did not get to do it that often anymore, because of the war. The bombings were constant, and she had to spend most of the time hidden in their bunker. However, those little moments that the bombs stopped, she spent them outside, breathing fresh air and smelling the flowers that surrounded her house.

     Her favourite part of the forest was the little pond hidden between trees. She spent countless hours there, sitting in a rock and completely mesmerized by how the water moved. 

     Thursday evening wasn't different for her. As soon as the bombs stopped, they got out of the bunker hidden under their house and checked that nothing had been destroyed in the process. Luckily, they lived far from the town, so bombs did not reach them, but better safe than sorry. Once her mother had lost sight of her, she started walking towards the forest until she arrived at the little pond.

     She just sat there, peacefully and looking everywhere, breathing the fresh and pure air, hearing the leaves sweetly moving. Sweetly, she introduced her fingers into the water, making small circles and feeling the freshness of it. But something seemed odd that day, although she could not figure out what nor why.  

      She scanned the place once again, looking for what was making her feel different (not good, not bad, just different), but she found nothing. Once she returned her sight to the water, she understood it all. It was the pond. It had started glowing and the water moved a little bit faster, as if there was wind moving it. 

     Before she could process what was happening, her eyes flew shut and she stopped feeling the ground beneath her. She tried to scream, but her throat was completely dry. She tried opening her eyes, but they were like glued down, like someone had closed them with a key and thrown the key away.

    The girl didn't hear anything either, and she wondered only for a second if maybe the water was poisonous and that was how it felt being dead, although she threw that thought away from her head. She just waited until something happened. 

     After what seemed like hours (although it had only be a couple of minutes), Reagan landed on the ground again. 

     She was able to open her eyes again, only to reveal a green land with hundreds of tall trees, but none of them grey like the one she had had her hand on before (even that one was now a normal one). A forest. But not her forest for it did not had the little pond she had seen countless times. Nobody was there. Not a single soul. Everything was silent.

     There wasn't even a brid chirping, the leafs of the trees were completely still, and Reagan did not know if that was soothing or scary. Not wanting to stay there alone a single more minute, she decided to take it upon herself and explore the land she had appeared on, trying to find a way back home. Shaking her thoughts about what could happen to her if she found someone bad away, she started walking towards God knows where.