iii. the pevensies

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
THE PEVENSIES

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄THE PEVENSIES

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

     "I'm High King Peter, the Magnificent," the blonde boy presented himself proudly putting his sword away into his belt, "those are Queen Susan the Gentle, King Edmund the Just, Queen Lucy the Valiant and Trumpkin".

     "Oh, I am so sorry. I didn't know you were the royalty," Reagan exclaimed, rather ashamed of herself, while doing a reverence in front of the four siblings and Trumpkin.

     "You don't have to apologize, Reagan," Lucy explained kindly, "it is just that Peter takes a lot of pride on his title. You don't have to bow to us."

     The six of them started walking towards a place Reagan didn't know about; but little did she care anyway, because she was too busy looking at everything that surrounded her, completely in awe. Never in her life had she seen places so beautiful as she was seeing in that strange land called Narnia.

     "I don't remember this way at all", the older Pevensie girl spoke again after a time of silence.

     "That's the problem with girls, you can't carry a map in your heads", Peter stated while continuing walking. This comment made Reagan wrinkle his nose, Peter didn't seem like the one to make that kind of comments.

     "That's because our heads have something in them", Lucy fought back making Edmund chuckle softly. This surprised Reagan, mainly because she hadn't heard Edmund utter a single word during the whole journey.

     "I wish he would listen to the DLF", Susan whined.

     "DLF?", Edmund asked confused turning his head to look at the girls.

     "Dear Little Friend", Lucy and Reagan said at the same time, making them laugh lightly at the nickname they had put to the dwarf, Trumpkin. Edmund chuckled once more sending a quick glare to Reagan and then looking to the front again.

     This made Reagan feel more comfortable. She didn't know exactly why but she was preoccupied that Edmund was angry or annoyed at her presence, she needed his approval in some way. Probably because it was the only one from the four siblings that had not shown a sign of sympathy towards the teenager. While Reagan was on her thoughts, the gang had come to a stop, making her bump into Edmund.

     "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking", she apologized to the boy truly sorry.

     "Yeah, that's obvious. Be careful the next time", he demanded with a harsh tone that made the girl feel uneasy once again.

     "Don't worry, Reagan. He's always like this, he's been on the mood lately", Lucy explained to her new friend, earning an angry stare from her brother.

     After an argument between Trumpkin and the High King, they continued walking until they reached what they called the gorge. In reality, it was just a cliff. All of them walked to the edge and looked down, only to see the water rushing behind them.

     "Over hundreds of years, water eroded the earth's soil", Susan explained to Peter, making him roll his eyes annoyed. It seemed like being annoyed was a signature feeling for the Pevensie boys.

     However, this statement made Reagan question herself a lot of things. Peter swore to know this path, for he has crossed it many times before. But Susan has just said that water had eroded the soil over hundreds of years and the Pevensies didn't look like they had more than twenty years old, let alone hundreds.

     "Oh, shut up. Is there a way down?", the oldest brother asked looking back at Trumpkin.

     "Yeah, falling. Come. There's a ford at Beruna. Any of you mind swimming?", the last one replied making everyone, but Peter, laugh.

    This being said, they started walking again. Until they heard Lucy yell, making everyone turn to look at her just in case something had happened to her.