S I X.

Olivia.

I stood, staring up at the giant building in front of me. It had about 40 floors and mirror walls. At the very very top were the words 'Webber Inc.'.

Well, I'm here

"Hey, lady!" The cab driver yelled and I realized I hadn't paid him. I hurried back to the cab and handed him a twenty.

Tola was the one who pushed me to come here today; had even dressed me. The morning after our little 'party', she and I had gone out for coffee and she had seen the ad for a secretary on her phone. At first, I had flat out refused. I didn't want another job so soon. But at the end of her long lecture of the pros of taking the job, I was like 'hey, fuck it, why not?". And now I'm here.

I stepped nervously through the revolving doors and into a large foyer. I gulped and pulled my skirt down. I felt so out of place. People were bustling around everywhere looking very officious and busy. I decided the receptionist would be a good start.

"Good morning" She was on the phone and didn't even spare me a glance. Instead, she raised one long finger with an acrylic nail on the end of it.

"Uhnhun, Yeah, okay." She nodded into the telephone "I love you"

She was on a private call?? To her boyfriend??

She dropped the phone and smiled very fakely at me "What do you want?"

"I'm here for an interview"

"Interview? I think you're lost." And the bitch turned away from me to her computer.

I really wanted to jump over the counter and slap her but instead, I mirrored her smile "I don't think I am"

She ignored me.

Fine. I'll just find my way myself.

I looked around and saw an elevator opening and a man going in, I decided to join him but the doors started closing.

Shit

I took off running...which isn't easy when you're wearing 4 inch heels on ceramic tiles.

"Hold it!!!" I yelled, which turned several heads.

"You can't go in there!" I heard the receptionist yelling behind me.

Watch me.

Just when I thought I wasn't going to make it, the doors slid open again and the guy that had stopped it peered out. I slid in and he pressed the button to close the doors.

I was breathless, my back was aching and from the mirror in the elevator, my hair looked as if I had jumped off an airplane, midair.

I immediately started patting it down and finger combing it; anything to make it look half presentable, until I noticed the guy behind me smirking at me.

I slowly dropped my hands, my cheeks burning from embarrassment. I had totally forgotten he was there!

"I think your hair looks lovely" he said. He had a freaking British accent!

"No it doesn't"

I snuck a look at him in the mirror. He was about my height without heels, which put him at about 5'10 or '11. He had dirty blond hair combed neatly and from what I saw, he wasn't bad looking under his suit.

"It does" he said firmly "I'm Luke, by the way"

"Olivia"

"I like olives"

I groaned internally. Why why did he hav to say that?? I remained silent.

He scratched the back of his neck "So, uh, I haven't seen you around before"

"Yeah, I'm here for an interview"

"Interview? Really? For what position.

"A secretary, to the chairman, or president, or something. The head person"

He chuckled. Did I just say chuckled?? Fudge, he's already influencing me with that accent of his "The President. His name is Adrian Webber." The elevator doors slid open.

Before he went out, "And Olivia, if you want to see him, you should probably press the button for the 35th floor."

I blushed hard. I had forgotten to press any button when I came in. And I had no idea what floor to go to anyway. "Thanks"

I got off at the 35th floor like Luke had said. The lobby was all black and white with plush looking seats and it was eerily silent with only a few clicks combining from a keyboard.

A young woman, around my age was behind a big white counter, typing. She looked up as my heels clicked across the floor and smiled.

"Hello, welcome to Webber Incorporated"

"Hi, I'm here for a job interview"

She frowned slightly "I don't believe Mr. Webber has any interviews scheduled"

My stomach dropped "I saw it on your website?"

She hesitated "Okay, what's your name?"

"Olivia Ash"

She got up and went to a heavy oak door and knocked. She waited a few minutes before going in.

What in the world was I doing here?? Everybody in this building I had told I was here for an interview had seemed surprised.

She clicked back out and nodded to me "He'll see you"

I took a deep breath and walked to the door she had come out from. As I raised my hand to knock, the door opened and a man walked out. He walked past me, not looking at me once.

Rude.

I took another deep breath and walked in but immediately stopped when I saw who was sitting behind the desk.

God, if you can hear me, this is just plain mean.

Hey guys, sorry for the late updates. Please don't forget to VOTE by clicking on that little star at the bottom of your screen. Thanks!!!