E L E V E N

Olivia.

Mark Campbell -  11am

I hadn't heard from him since the day I quit and ....did other things.

How the hell did he manage to get an appointment with Adrian without me knowing about it??

I entered Mr. Webber's office. "Your next appointment is with Mark Campbell" I announced

He didn't look up from his laptop. "Get me the Sandstone file."

My eyes widened. The Sandstone project was a huge contract that this company had been pursuing before I even got here. If they got it, it would be the biggest contract they've ever gotten and this was a company that signed multimillion dollar contracts daily. It was that big.

I nodded and went to the filing room. Despite all the advances in technology, Webber International still did it's filing the old school way. In cardboard files, in actual filing cabinets.

It was much more complex than that, though. The door had an access code that was changed every 24 hours, and the room was complete with motion sensors and alarms.

I got the said file and headed back to the office. I stopped when I heard that familiar voice. I winced, I really didn't think I'd have to face him so soon.

I smoothed the edges of my hair and walked in. I could feel his gaze on me as soon as I walked in the door, to when I dropped the file in front of Mr. Webber.

"Here's the file" I turned to go

"Where are you going?" "You're sitting in on the meeting"

By God if this man wasn't my boss and if if I didn't need this job like mad....

I tried my best not to hiss at him and took a chair in the corner of the room.

I could still feel Mark's eyes on me and I looked over at him.

He was as handsome as ever, clean shaven, his eyes and hair as dark as ever.

I expected a wink or a smirk or some look as dirty as him but he just gave me a small sad smile and turned to Adrian.

What was that about?

The meeting went well. Apparently Adrian wanted Mark's company to collaborate with them on the the project and they were sorting logistics out.

The meeting ended and they shook hands and after giving me that same sad smile, Mark left.

I followed, a few minutes after.

I stopped short when I found Mark leaning on my desk.

He smiled and stood up when he noticed me.

"Livvie" his voice was barely above a whisper.

I sighed, walking towards him "What do you want, Mark?"

"I just want to talk"

"I don't want to talk to you" What did he think would happen? He'd show up and I'd jump into his arms?

His shoulders slumped a bit "Please Livvie"

Ugggghhh! I hate that I was feeling like the bad guy. Fine! It wouldn't hurt to hear what he has to say anyway.

"Fine, come by my apartment" At least I'd be on my own turf, he wouldn't be able to try anything.  I grabbed a piece of paper from by desk and scribbled my address onto it and gave it to him.  "Here"

"Okay" he took it "Seven tonight?"

"Make it seven thirty"

***********

I looked in the mirror one more time before heading to open the door. I was wearing a white T-shirt and purple shorts. I had left my hair down. After a lot of debating with myself, I had decided not to wear panties. I wasn't expecting anything to happen but I didn't usually wear panties at home and I just didn't see the point of wearing them just because I had a visitor.

"Come in" I said, when I opened the door. He had come straight from work. His tie was loosened and he had unbuttoned the top three buttons of his shirt.

"Thank you" He offered me the bottle of wine he was holding "I brought this for you. A late house warming gift?"

I took the bottle into the kitchen and set it down on the counter beside the box of pizza that had arrived earlier and he sat a stool opposite me. I put out plates and wine glasses and handed him a corkscrew to open the wine.

I took a slice of pizza and took a bite before setting it down on my plate and looking at him.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"I'm sorry" he blurted out. He took a deep breath and said more quietly "For everything Livvie, I'm really sorry"

Okay? "It's okay"

"No it's not. I treated you like crap and that's not okay. I don't even know how you stayed with me for so long"

I really didn't know what to say so I just changed the topic "How's work?"

He looked up at me, confused then his face relaxed "It's okay, can you believe John said he sa---"

And we started talking as if we were on a first date. I laughed, he laughed and quantity of the wine decreased rapidly.

"Well the wine's finished" I said laughing as I poured the last of it into my glass.

We had moved into the living room at some point in the evening and we were now both on the couch.

"Do you remember what happened the last time you said that?" Mark asked laughing

It took a moment but I remembered. It was our first date. And right after I said that, I put the bottle down on the table but then it fell and crashed into the plates, knocking them onto the floor. Boy were the restaurant staff furious!

I smiled. Those where the early days, when everything was so blissful and sweet. I leaned back and rested my head on Mark's shoulder.

Then feeling a little bold, I leaned up and kissed his neck. He went stiff. I then started trailing a line of kisses from his neck upwards. Then I found his lips. I pecked them once, then I found myself kissing him. He didn't respond though. I kissed him even harder and then he gently pushed me away from him.

I suddenly felt very stupid. What was I thinking!

"Livvie" His voice was hoarse " You're drunk. I don't want you to do anything you'll regret."

"I'm not drunk, Mark"

He looked at me, not believing me.

I climbed onto his lap, straddling him and leaned down to whisper in his ear "I promise"

His lips captured mine gently but it soon got heated. His hands grabbed my butt, lifting me up and hurrying to the bedroom, shedding my shirt and his on the way. I paused to point him in the right direction.

We got to the the room and he dropped me gently on the bed and climbed on top of me.

A lot of you are furious that with Livvie rn. But calm down, the story's just beginning *evil laugh*

Heart heart! Don't forget to comment and VOTE!!!!