Chapter 23 - Find

Evan Stalin

DIVORCE PAPERS?

Did I even hear that right?

Lily already signed it?

"It was Lily who asked our lawyer to make it. She asked him not to tell anyone about it until they are made and signed by her." Ian said cutting his call.

We all are sitting in the living room.

Me, Katherine, Ian, Anna, Liam, Emma, Sonia, Sam, Cassandra, Alessandro, Scott and finally Carter.

To say Carter was shocked would be an understatement.

His face was pale. He was staring in particularly nothing. He was just staring at a nearby wall and thinking something. He didn't utter a word after he discovered the divorce papers.

I know Lily was the source of his smiles.Honestly, even I haven't had seen him that happy anytime before.

I knew what Lily means for home. He loves that girl with all of his hard heart.

He was the one who replaced the names from Rihanna to Lily Dornan on the papers. He was so happy the night Lily agreed on marring him.

He gave us all an amazing dinner party and also bought us to the bar. All the rounds on him.

He started changing after meeting Lily. He was more compassionate, more warm and more loving.

He cares way too much for Lily.

Sometimes, even too much love kills.

"My team is on finding Lily. Relax a little Carter, we will find her." Katherine said keeping a hand on Carter's but he pulled his hand back.

"She wants divorce, then she will get divorce." An angry Carter announced and stormed off to his room.

We all followed him.

He took the paper and signed it without thinking twice.

"Carter what did you did? Tear those papers right away." Emma said keeping a hand on his bicep.

"No Emma. She doesn't want to live with me then so be it." He said his voice was stoned.

"What happened?" We heard Rachel's voice from the door. Rachel and Linda were standing on the door of the room.

"Mom. Please come in. Take a look at this." He said and a sarcastic smile took place on his face.

"You wanted me to divorce her, well, congratulations guess what, she divorced me." He said with red eyes and threw those papers on his mother's face.

"Thank God. Rachel please give these papers first thing tomorrow morning to Mr. Moritte." Linda said handing the papers to Rachel.

This woman.

I couldn't even describe the rage I feel in me after seeing her behaviour.

I would have talked sense in her my way if it wasn't for Katherine to stop me.

Actually, she's right. It's their personal matter and I shouldn't intrude.

"Please everyone let's just go to our room. We'll discuss the papers tomorrow." Rachel softly said trying to end the matter temporarily here.

Well, this girl definite has some brains.

I never said anything about Rachel. She has basic respect from me. She always tries to ease up a tense situation and moreover she never tries to replace or insult Lily.

"Yeah, she's right. Please go away everybody. I want to stay alone for sometime." Carter said dismissively.

"You can call us if you want to talk anytime." I said placing a hand on his shoulder, once everyone else left except me and Katherine.

Carter might seem very tough and harsh on exterior but in difficult times you always need a friend by you.

It's always been ya for each other.

We know each other since childhood and honestly have been there ever since for one another. It wasn't for our late teens when we met Ian and Liam. They too became very close friend of ours but the bond between Carter and I can't be defined.

"I know." He answered in a very low tone.

I and Katherine exited his room and went to ours which was just next to his by the way.

We had just changed and got into bed when we heard the sound of shattering of glass coming from Carter's room.

"You should go and talk to him. Alone." Katherine said and I nodded. He needs me right now.

I walked into his room. He was sitting on the couch with a bottle of alcohol a glass which was empty and a book in his hand.

The vase which was suppose to be on the table by his right side was now shattered to pieces.

"Carter." I called him and sat by him.

"Read this."

It was a letter.

It was a letter by Lily saying Carter will be happy with Racheal and all that crap.

What the hell?

Why?

(A/N : I am not gonna write the letter again. It's the same letter Lily wrote in Chapter 21. You may go back and read it.)

How could she say that. This is all because of Linda.

"I tried my best to make her not feel this way. Still that mother of mine succeeded." Carter said putting his head in his hands.

I kept a hand on his shoulder.

I took my phone and called Andy.

When it comes to investigation he's the one to call.

"Andy, I want you to make a list of all the places Mrs. Woodwords could be right now. I want names of all the people who might give her shelter and all her close friend or relatives minus Sonia-Sam and her father. I want the list by tomorrow morning. Collaborate with Jeremy and try finding her locating. You might call Mr. Moretti from our legal team. He was the last person who talked with Lily excluding us. Also ask Katherine's spy to help you.

I want Lily at any cost. If you get her make sure she doesn't know about you all." I said and heard a timid 'yes sir'.

Now this is what I like. No questions asked.

First thing tomorrow morning, we'll talk some sense in Carter's Mother's head.

No matter what, I'm going to find Lily for Carter.