Chapter 26 - Slumber

Lily Dornan

After a day spent in checking some test sheets of children and helping Jessica at a site, I went straight for a warm relaxing bath. It's really tiring to be a wedding planner. I don't know how Jessica does it.

I walked out of the bathroom and picked a red dress from the wardrobe to wear.

Today's Saturday and we're going to our favourite club, 'The Orchids' today. I picked a pair of black heels and did a little makeup. I had red lipstick on and did black eyeshadow with some foundation and contouring.

I took my clutch, kept my red lipstick, phone and my credit card in it

I took my clutch, kept my red lipstick, phone and my credit card in it. I walked out of the room to see Jessica standing there wearing a sexy black two piece. It had full sleeves and a low neck line. She had black heels somewhat similar to mine and tied her hair into a bun.

 She had black heels somewhat similar to mine and tied her hair into a bun

"You look hot bitch." She said sending me an air kiss.

"You too." I said and acted as if I'm catching the kiss. We both laughed at my action making our way out of the house.

We sat in Jessica's white Audi Q7. I have always loved the car. She bought the car to life and we headed straight towards the club. I saw the night life of Boston. This place is hella beautiful.

Shortly, Jessica pulled up in the parking of the club. She parked the car and we made our way towards the entrance of the club. I saw Zack and Amara standing there looking very casual yet gorgeous. They look so good together. They kind of remind me of Sam and Sonia, to be honest.

"Hello love birds." I teased them as we approached them.

"Hello ladies." Zack said giving me and Jessica a hug. Next, Amara did the same.

"Where are Nathan and Alec?" Jessica asked noticing their absence.

"We are here, love." Alec said as he and his brother (Nathan) approached us.

The world knows that Alec and Jessica have got hots for each other but they just don't know that themselves.

Nathan gave me a hug while Alec did the same to Jessica.

"Let's go, shall we?" Zack said and we all nodded.

We approached the guard and gave him our identity cards. He let us in and the strong smell of alcohol hit our nostrils.

The scene wasn't like the cliche club/bar you think of.

Well, the club is divided into two parts by an imaginary wall. On one side there is a big dance floor with a big counter filled with all types of alcohol. There you might see some 'horny' people grinding themselves against each other. Sweaty bodies collided against each other and people literally suck each other's faces but half of the moans and grunts are covered by the sound of the music, thankfully.

On the other side is the place where basically they have a restaurant type of atmosphere. There is a drinks' counter here too and there are chairs and tables where old friends and new mates sit and chat like sophisticated people. We headed to that part first.

"I'm going to order. What will you'll like?" Zack asked standing from his seat.

"Beer." Jessica and Nathan said.

"Vodka. With loads of ice." I said.

"Same but no ice." Alec ordered.

"Bourbon." Amara was the one to say that.

"Okay then." Zack said and went away.

We all got engaged with each other in small chats. Amara, Jessica and Alec were having a conversation and I and Nathan were talking. He's really witty but very truthful with his words.

Shortly, Zack returned with our drinks. I, Jessica, Amara and Alec had several rounds of tequila after our drinks got over. Zack and Nathan however were quite sober still.

After sometime the effect of alcohol kicked in and by that time I was dancing with a stranger on the dance floor. I have no idea how am I her but all I know I'm enjoying myself. The current playing song came to an end and 'I don't care' by Justin Bieber and Ed Sheeran started playing.

The song clipped above ☝🏻

A very weird and bulky looking man approached me. Due to the alcohol, I couldn't deny it when he asked for a dance. He was very clungy and I was feeling extremely uncomfortable.

I tried to free myself from him but he dragged me out of the bar in an alley backstreet.

He tried kissing me but I slapped him away. That got him more angry. He pushed me against a wall and pressed his body to me. It all happened in a blur. My vision was not at all clear.

He started pressing kissing on my neck but before he could go any further, he was pulled away from me.

I saw Nathan punching him hard. The man was drunk to reciprocate and thus collapsed after a couple more punches.

Nevertheless, Nathan still kept on kicking him.

"Nathan... stop." I don't know why but I started crying. My voice stopped him and he ran towards me.

He took off his brown coat and draped it over me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I cried more a he pulled me to his chest.

"Shh.. You are fine. You are safe now." He said and I sobbed even more thinking about what would have happened if Nathan would not have showed up. I didn't even bring my gun with me. I actually took one of the gun from Evan's guns' store. After associating with mafia men I least needed a gun.

Nathan grabbed my shoulder and helped me stand properly on my feet.

He took me back into the club and seated me on a table. He went towards Jessica who was dirty dancing with Alec. He said something to her and she replied to him.

He came back to me and walked me to his car. He seated me on the passenger seat and sat on the driver's seat. He started driving.

"What about Jessica?" I said still drunk.

"Alec will take her home." He said.

After a while we pulled in to the parking of our apartment.

I was too drunk to walk so he carried me. The last thing I remember was seeing his dark green eyes before everything blacked out.

The darkness consumed me and I fell into deep slumber.