6| Dizzy

Even on this mysterious maze,
We're still taking care of each other.

- Love Maze

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

Jihye woke up the next morning to find herself wrapped up in warm blankets. She sat up straight and noticed that the curtains were drawn so that the sunlight didn't bother her. Sound of flowing water was coming from the shower which meant Jungkook was in there.

But most importantly, she was on the bed.

She recalled that events of the night before and remembered crying silently, sitting in the arm chair. She must have fallen asleep there at some point. But there was only one way she ended up on the bed from the arm chair.

Jungkook had carried her to bed.

Before she could accept that fact, the bathroom door opened and Jungkook came out with water dripping from his hair. Jihye realised he had already changed into new clothes. "Good morning," she murmured.

"Morning," Jungkook replied, not paying much attention.

"Thank you," she said hesitantly. ''For last night."

That seemed to have drawn Jungkook's attention. He finally looked at Jihye and said, "Don't mention it. I'm going downstairs for breakfast. You should, too."

Again, it was that indifferent, business-like tone that startled Jihye. According to his brother, Jungkook was supposed to be kind and caring. Although she was getting small glimpses of his caring side, what was it with the strictness?

Was it just the situation or was he holding himself back?

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"I've fixed the date for the hand over of the company," Jihye heard Mr. Jeon's deep voice as she walked towards the dining room of the house. "It's a week later, on the next weekend. I'll inform you the venue."

"Alright," said Jungkook obediently. "But there's something I want to tell you."

"Of course." Jihye felt like the conversation would be interrupted if she entered right at that moment. So she stopped at the entrance of the room. Neither the father nor the son noticed her.

"I want to move to my apartment with Jihye," Jungkook announced. "As soon as possible."

Mr. Jeon considered the decision for a moment. Then he said, "I understand why you must want to do so. You may leave this evening."

"Thanks you," Jungkook said with relief. Jihye couldn't help but share his feeling. Being in the same room with him was intimidating enough, let alone sleeping on the same bed.

She felt like it was her cue to enter and so she did. "Jihye-ah, good morning!" Mr. Jeon smiled cheerfully at her. ''Did you sleep well last night?"

"Yes, I did," Jihye replied and took a seat.

"I hope you don't mind pancakes," Mrs. Jeon entered the room. The smell of freshly baked pancakes flew into the air and Jihye immediately felt hungry.

"Of course I don't," she replied. "Thank you so much."

"It's my pleasure, really." Mrs. Jeon sat next to Jihye. "You'll be moving out this evening, I hear?"