21| Not Until Midnight

❛❛If only I had just one day,
I want to peacefully fall asleep
intoxicated with your sweet scent.❜❜

- Just One Day

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"Let's walk along the Han river."

Although Jungkook had laughed at her childishness at first, he still agreed gladly to do what she wanted. And so, they drove to the Han river.

As they stood by the river and the cold wind soothed their bodies, Jihye stared at the rainbow fountain. "Isn't it beautiful?" Jihye asked.

"It is," Jungkook agreed. "Let's take a picture." He took out his phone from his pocket and stood beside Jihye. He put an arm on her shoulder and pulled her closer. Taking the photo in a second, he let go of her.

"I'm sending it to you so that you remember this day and me whenever you look at it," Jungkook said, tapping away on his phone. "Jihye?"

"Y-yeah?" Jihye was startled by his voice.

"What's wrong? You were spacing out."

"Nothing," she smiled.

Yes, that was the most convincing answer. Nothing. How could she possibly tell him the truth that she couldn't put off her feelings anymore when he pulled her closer or when their cheeks touched?

"Do you want to stay here for a bit more?" Jungkook asked. "We can, if you want."

"No, it's okay," Jihye replied, still smiling. "Let's just go home."

They got back into his car and Jungkook felt worried inside for not understanding what had suddenly happened that caused her mood to change although she was trying to pretend it was nothing.

"Please tell me what's wrong. Don't hide it," he said, causing Jihye to look at him, diverting her eyes from her lap.

"I told you it's nothing."

"Do you really think you can lie to me?"

Jihye sighed. "It's just that today was so great that I could finally breathe without any worries after... I don't even know how long." She looked away from him. "And now that the day's over, we'll again become a couple married for two months."

"Well, the clock hasn't struck midnight yet, which means the day is not over, after all. Besides, we still have to finish what we started, don't we?" His question startled Jihye. She looked at him with wide eyes.

"What exactly are you talking about?"

"I'm–oh," Jungkook realized she'd gotten the wrong idea. "If you really want to continue that, we can do it too."

"Shut up," Jihye's cheeks heated up. "What were you proposing?"

"The 'telling-the-truth-untold' thing we started earlier," he said and Jihye nodded in agreement. "Let's put a twist on it and turn it into a competition."

"How?"

"You'll see." His expression had suddenly turned smug.