Duress- The Story of the Soldier and the Son

Okay so this would be another historical fiction novel.  This one a lot of people would really love because it goes away from the soldier in many points during the novel.   Read the idea and tell me what you think.  I'm really excited about this one.  This is one I definitely want to make sometime in the future.  Important author's note:  This story has nothing to do with "Lord of the Nutcracker Men" by Iain Lawrence.  I realize now that the story details are very close.  But I want to tell you that this is not a copy and the similarity wasn't brought to me until one of my fans asked me if they were related.  they are not.

It is 1940 and London is now completely involved in World War II with Nazi Germany.  Within the city of London, German bomber planes take part in a grand scale bombing of Engligh cities notoriously known as the Blitz.  As explosive shells tear apart the city, a ten year old boy named Samuel Rogers takes shelter with his mother and sister.  When the bombs clear for the time being Samuel is distraught and mortified by the destruction left behind.

Samuel's father, Jonathan, is out on the front lines taking on the Nazis in bloody conflict.  Only recently was he conscripted in the armed forces and now he is confronted by the fact that what he yearns for most is his family.

Samuel back in London is struggling to live a normal life even under the duress of World War II.  For five years Jonathan is away, and Samuel always gets letters from his father.  During the year 1944 the letters start recounting gruesome tales of the fights.  Jonathan has no one else to relate to, and writing the stories down to someone who would read them relaxes him.  For five years the duress has gotten to both of them, and samuel who is now fifteen is afraid that the war will never end.  Jonathan feels the same way.

Follow both the son and the soldier as they both fight to maintain their sanity under the duress.